//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Kawasaki 250 rebuilding

--

Kawasaki 250 rebuilding

Hi, are there any videos or threads that I could watch or read on a total kx 250 motor rebuild. I would like to be able to rebuild my own motors and the older kx 250's are the only motors I would like to rebuild (85-86). Also tools I will need, like splitters and pullers and clutch tools etc. I want to start looking for tools to own and I don't know which specific ones to look for. I did the through the mail classes on motorcycles for fun years ago and have some books but the kx model specific tools or ones that definitely work on those motors is what I need. I may buy these tools and not use them for a couple years. I made a leakdown tester and that is all i have so far. Even general tool info for two strokes would be great.Thanks a bunch!

--
    Some kind of puller (steering wheel or harmonic balancer) from auto store, a clutch basket holder tool is nice, a rubber , and most definitely an impact driver (not an impact wrench). Gasket scraper.

Manuals are good.
    86 T3
    84 T3
    86 KX250

--
    What he said ∆. Look up my thread labeled barn find. I a steering wheel puller and some slotted aluminum to split the cases.

Snap ring tools help on these engines. Granite tile for surfacing any dinged up mating surfaces.

Calipers for measuring tolerances
    I just wanna go fast. If your not first, your last!!
    Reproducing the Tecate CDI. Contact me if you need one. I'm most accessible on FaceBook. You can find me on the 1984-1987 Kawasaki Tecate KXT250 Group.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //