//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 Honda atc 250r VS 2008 Honda trx 700xx

--

1985 Honda atc 250r VS 2008 Honda trx 700xx

Buddy has an 08 Trx 700xx versus my 1985 Honda 250r.. was pretty even! right up to top speed

--
    the Honda trx700xx was not a "fast" bike so to speak it was a sporty trail quad. Try that against a 08-2010 Raptor700 and you may have been left behind. The YFZ450R also can hold it's one and is actually faster than the 700. just something to think on.
    you will have to do some work to that motor to stay with the new 450R quads build for racing from the factory. not impossible, but a couple of minor bolt-ons will not do it. your going to have do to more than that.

was nice to see where ya stood thought that is for sure. hope ya'll had fun and were safe.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    my buddy has a YFZ450R.. does about 78 mph stock... big deal

buddy also just built a 350x.. put about 3 grand into the motor, and I can still leave him in third!
    from what ive read on the net.. trx700xx is faster than the raptor also..
    Last edited by wpginterceptor; 04-30-2015 at 11:48 AM.

--
    stock is designed for low end and mid, he can change the rear and front sprockets and get 120 out of it. they do that in Baja.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    the Honda trx700xx was not a "fast" bike so to speak it was a sporty trail quad. Try that against a 08-2010 Raptor700 and you may have been left behind. The YFZ450R also can hold it's one and is actually faster than the 700. just something to think on.
    you will have to do some work to that motor to stay with the new 450R quads build for racing from the factory. not impossible, but a couple of minor bolt-ons will not do it. your going to have do to more than that.

was nice to see where ya stood thought that is for sure. hope ya'll had fun and were safe.
    Last year, went toe to toe with my buddies stock 700 raptor. I would eat his lunch on straights, but in the corners he could out lug me. This year he upgraded with dual exhaust and a programmer. He now can pull me in straights but its not a blow out by any means. Same thing with a stock YFZ, I can hang with those all day until they get upset and decide to "upgrade" their components.

What I like about my 85 250R is its 30 year old technology, typically 2-400 CC's less than most quads I race these days and I can still hang with them.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Well said YAEGERB.. exactly my thoughts and feelings about why I posted this

--
    yea I agree I love the fact it is 30 years. I hate the same fact about our trikes. parts are scarce and hard to come by. that is the biggest advantage to the newer stuff.
    as long as you guys are having a good time, that is what counts most!

--
    I think it was "13, Shane Hitt put together is 88 or 89 trx250r, mostly put together from stuff laying around and borrowed parts. He ran it in a TT race, he would have nearly won it, if he didn't have a leaking head o-ring and prevented him going full throttle, he still got in the top places with the bike problems. Now this is against a field of 450's of every type and modification. That is very impressive and kinda embarrassing to honda that a 25+ year machine can hang and potentially beat their current offerings.

--
    My first question is...has every one ridden all of the machines mentioned? Of all the machines mentioned, and all of them being stock, the TRX700xx will beat any of them in a top end, flat out drag race. Yes, it will get left behind off the start, but from 3rd gear on, it will take over. Second is the Raptor 700, and the same thing applies to it. The 700xx will beat the Raptor at wide open, but not by much. Yes, the old 250 2-strokes will hold their own against the others and are magnificent machines (I own an 85 ATC250R), but are edged out by the 450s. Unlike the 450s and 250 2-strokes, the 700 sport quads are not made for MX, and are not designed to rev out quickly which is why the other machines can take them in a short run. The only sport ATVs 700 cc and under that I have not ridden are the Polaris, KTMs, Can-Ams, and the Tiger 3 wheelers. Of the all the factory production atvs, the LT500 is king.

--

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by wpginterceptor View Post
    my buddy has a YFZ450R.. does about 78 mph stock... big deal

buddy also just built a 350x.. put about 3 grand into the motor, and I can still leave him in third!
    from what ive read on the net.. trx700xx is faster than the raptor also..
    Actually it was close to $5000. But after talking to the fastest 350x I ever saw at Trikefest, I definitely made some rookie mistakes on my engine build.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //