//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Maier plastic VS Maier plastic

dabody69 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

Maier plastic VS Maier plastic

Looking to get some rear maier plastic for my 85 250r, is all the rear maier plastic sold all the same, that is, is there only one part number for what i'm looking for? I see lots of pics, mostly stock photos, is the a grade thats higher or someone who sells a higher grade of the rear plastic or is every maier rear fender the exact same, and i'm talking about the rear fenders being sold right now not modern day VS maier 80's plastic, this might be a crazy question but i want to buy the highest grade one I can find, thanks guys

--
    All the Maier new stuff is the same. Don't buy "Blems".

The 80's stuff was pretty bad and not shiny.

OEM NOS stuff is the best if you can find it.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    All the Maier new stuff is the same. Don't buy "Blems".

The 80's stuff was pretty bad and not shiny.

OEM NOS stuff is the best if you can find it.
    How do I know if I'm buying blems?? I want to find something nice for him, do they all come with the number plate stickers??

--
    You can call Maire direct and order right from them.
    Been a number of years since I have ordered from them but have ordered front/rears for 84 250R in black, 350X in red and same for 250 Bigred.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jeswinehart View Post
    You can call Maire direct and order right from them.
    Been a number of years since I have ordered from them but have ordered front/rears for 84 250R in black, 350X in red and same for 250 Bigred.
    Does the Maier plastic need to be drilled in certain places or is it all pre-drilled

--
    You drill the holes. As scary as that sounds it is not a bad thing at all.
    Imo I trust my judgment vs. Some ones opinion who don't have the machine it fits on in front of them.

--
    I make up some "stud pins" line it all up then tap the plastic against the pins with a rubber mallet, flip it over and drill the holes though the divots. Deburr to prevent cracking.

Listen to John, call Maier and asked for a authorized dealer or buy from them directly.

It seems like most of the blems are on EBAY, I may be wrong.
    Last edited by onformula1; 04-28-2015 at 04:39 AM.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //