//ArrowChat Code

Thread: My first trike! 1984 Honda 200ES Big Red

--

My first trike! 1984 Honda 200ES Big Red

Hi guys. This is my first post. I actually just found this website back in March by browsing the internet so I decided to sign up. I didn't have the time to make my first post though. Well, I finally bought my first Honda ATC. They are a real "Blast from the Past!" Turns out it's a 1984 Big Red. The first ATC that I ever rode was a 185S that belonged to a family member of mine and from then on I always wanted to buy one. However, I looked everywhere and couldn't find one in decent shape until this past February. A good friend of mine told me his father has one and he bought it from a gentleman that I know that actually lives 2 miles down the road from me. All those years I never knew that ATC lived right down the road from my house So I bought it from my friend's father who decided he needed to make room in the garage. I ended up paying $800.00 which I didn't think was too bad, especially for a BIG RED with High/Low transmission with reverse and shaft drive. So far, I had to replace the original tires that were dry rotted and cracked. The inside of the rear wheels had some light surface rust but I'm having all 3 of them powder coated this week along with the racks. Overall it's all original and it very good shape I though. I just changed the oil with Valvoline 10w-40 ATV oil which is what his father was running in it. Normally, I run Honda GN-4 in all my Honda atvs but it already had Valvoline in it so I figured I would stay with that for now. I also did the rear final drive oil which I don't believe was ever changed. It was still clean however and also I put in a new NGK spark plug. The picture here is the day after I brought it home. So far it's running great! I can't wait to ride it this upcoming summer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(2).JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	290.2 KB 
ID:	215288
    Last edited by BigRed1991; 04-28-2015 at 03:01 AM.

--
    Nice big red welcome to the boards

Chopsaw is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Very nice , you're gonna like it .

--
    Very nice big red BigRed1991

--
    Beautiful machine you lucky bugger!
    1985 Honda ATC 250ES
    1985 Honda ATC 250SX
    1984 Honda ATC 200M