//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New wheeler owner

DDQ is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

New wheeler owner

Hello, I'm a new 3 wheeler owner from NC. I'm a long time banshee guy and never really had any intention of buying a 3 wheeler even though I think they are super neat. However, yesterday I was driving down the road and an ATC caught my eye at a thrift shop. I stopped to look at it and had/still have my concerns about buying it. It's missing the rear plastic, seat, CDI, coil , headlight and kill switch box. The owner did not know much about it but I pulled the cord and the motor turned over. The oil dipstick showed oil in the bottom end, so I offered him $50 and put it in my truck. Before I left the owner gave me a CDI and a coil but thinks they came off a larger ATC. Can anyone confirm if that is true based on these pics?

Last edited by DDQ; 05-04-2015 at 04:46 PM.

--

can't see a post

Also couldn't 'reply'.

Welcome.
    You're in the right place for answers.

--
    Bump.
    Can anyone help me out?

--
    That CDI is off of a bigger atc/atv for sure. The coil is most likely from an older 110. Parts are really easy to find for these. It seems like everyone tears them down instead of trying to fix them. $50 is good price no matter what you do with it
    1979 ATC110
    1983 ATC110
    1984 ATC110
    1984 ATC125M
    1985 ATC110 2 of them
    1985 ATC110 The wife's
    1987 ATC125M
    1985 ATC250ES
    1984 DX225 with 250 timberwolf engine and swingarm. Wolf in DX clothing

--
    So I should not try to use the coil either?

--
    The CDI looks like it is from a 250ES big red... You should be able to find a good used CDI on ebay and a new ignition coil on ebay.
    1983 ATC 200x
    1982 ATC 250R X2
    1983 ATC 250R : Future build
    1985 ATC 250R : Main rider
    1985 ATC 363R Duner
    1985 ATC 250R X2 : Future build
    1986 ATC 250ES

--
    OK, thanks!

--
    or just a new full wire harness for 10 bucks with a cdi and coil already attached.
    Keep watching ebay.
    Matter of fact, I may have one or 2 laying around but will take me days to look.

Very fun machines. Simply can't go wrong at 50$

--
    I had a few minutes this weekend so I started looking into the 110. Im going to have lots of trike questions in this thread, so please be patient with me. This is going to be a "fix up" on a budget.

I had a real tough time getting one of the forms off the front spindle, and it looks like this was the culprit. What is this part called?

And do you think I can glue this pull start handle back together?

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by DDQ View Post
    I had a real tough time getting one of the forms off the front spindle, and it looks like this was the culprit. What is this part called?

And do you think I can glue this pull start handle back together?
    That first part is the axle collar, been a while since I tore apart a 110 but I thought it centered the axle in the forks.

I am not aware of any glue that would with stand the abuse of pull starting. I would think any pull start handle could be made to work on a budget.

--
    can the seat be attached straight to the frame without rear fenders?

--
    Also, is there supposed to be a gasket for the pull start coil cover?

--
    Yes there is a gasket for the pull cover. And yes the axle collar does help to center the axle in the forks. But your collar looks to be wore out. You can find all this stuff on this site or e-bay.
    * 1970 US90 Red
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Helm&Son, Bandito /3D springer. ( Spaghetti Winder )
    * 1978 ATC 90/128 Bandito / Ace Williams Springer.
    * 1980 ATC 110/ ? Helm&Son, Dickson Full Suspended
    * 1981 ATC 110 MTC Full Supended
    * 1985 ATC 200s
    *1986 ATC 250R/310 2"+ Westcoast Swinger

http://www.ebay.com/usr/jwheeler760

--
    I have not been able to locate any used 110 parts in the store here through multiple searches. Are members allowed to post items for sale/wanted, or if the store doesn't have it am I out of luck?

--
    I have a new harness but I'm not sure how to detach the two wires from the pickup thing inside the top of the case on the driver side. Are the wires soldered to that? Also, that part is white and dirty. Can I clean it without damaging it?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //