//ArrowChat Code

Thread: In need of yamaha 225 dx primary clutch or primary clutch from a 250 timberwolf

--

In need of yamaha 225 dx primary clutch or primary clutch from a 250 timberwolf

Ok i just recently got an 85-86 yamaha 225dx this trike is a beast but the primary clutch slips and I would like a new one for te bike. I read the one for the trike is expensive and the 250 timberwolf is a direct drop in anyways if anyone can help me with this in anyway let me know thanks in advance Jesse

--
    Can anybody help me with this

--
    I'm not sure on the timberwolf but I have used a yfm200 one on one of mine. how badly grooved is your primary clutch "centrifugal" housing? Also when you shut the bike off does it make a winding down sound and then go tink? If it does that then your one way bearing is shot on the centrifugal. I just looked at a timberwolf centrifugal, and to use it , you will need the locking washer and the nut instead of the ytm one.
    rectum nothin damn near killed them
    feel free to leave feed back for me here. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...06#post1119306

--
    I havent tore into it yet it doesnt whine when i shut it off i need to fix it it i can ride it like if is but its a lil dangerous

--
    Just finished putting it back together the old clutch in the trike the centrifugal housing was smooth and had almost no grooves and the clutch shoes were black and slick as glass, the new one i put in it the centrifugal housing grooves are deep and the clutch shoes look good and it actually pulls a lot better. I think what might have happened was the previous owner drove around at low speeds and wore the primary clutch out. Anyways i have it fixed and it runs 100 percent better now its time for some trail time

--
    search ( YTM 200 Centrifugal Clutch update w/250 timber wolf/bear tracker clutch) not sure if they are the same but i did it on a ytm200
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    the 200 and the 225 are the same centrifugal, and secondary clutches as well.
    feel free to leave feed back for me here. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...06#post1119306

--
    Thanks for all the help guys the clutch i put in mine today i is either from a timberwolf or bear tracker but it works great, also can someone tell me why its so hard to put the side case back on these yamahas? I like to never got mine back together

--
    it is the the clutch adjuster it is easiest if you take all the tension off of it and try to put it back on then readjust when it is attached.

--
    Ok, I dont mean to hijack the thread, but when i shut my 82 big red off it makes that winding down sound and then goes "tink". Does that mean the clutch is shot or do i need to adjust it?
    1982 big red
    1974 atc 90
    Life is hard, but its harder if you're stupid - John Wayne

--
    search "one way bearing"
    Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!!!!!

TRIKES:
    86 250r
    85 250sx
    86 250sx
    84 Yamaha 225DX - Bruins Trike
    85 Yama 225DX - The Rental!
    150cc Piranha powered 70
    110cc Lifan 70
    82 70
    83 ALT 50 Trail Buddy
    88 Yamaha BW 80
    84 z50

--
    winding down and going tink is a sure sign the one way bearing is shot.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //