//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 honda 250 big red ignition switch problems

--

1985 honda 250 big red ignition switch problems

Ok so i traded for a very good looking and running big red but the ignition switch would not kill the bike so i changed it with one i had that works but still nothing it still wont die and the switch on the handlebars doesnt work either, I've looked the bike over and again but couldn't find anything wrong. Can anyone help me on this matter i need to get the switch working so i dont have to choke it out everytime i stop it anyways any help will be greatly appreciated

--
    It sounds like a grounding issue, I would trace every wire by hand for any frayed or open circuits. Check the wiring diagram in the manual. Take your time and you will find it.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    I'll check it out again tomorrow i need to figure it out cause i need it to work and thanks

--
    Quote Originally Posted by shdtreemechanic View Post
    Ok so i traded for a very good looking and running big red but the ignition switch would not kill the bike so i changed it with one i had that works but still nothing it still wont die and the switch on the handlebars doesnt work either, I've looked the bike over and again but couldn't find anything wrong. Can anyone help me on this matter i need to get the switch working so i dont have to choke it out everytime i stop it anyways any help will be greatly appreciated
    The ignition switch is the key on the dash, the one on the left handlebar is the on/off kill switch. Does the start button and light switch work?
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoozy27 View Post
    The ignition switch is the key on the dash, the one on the left handlebar is the on/off kill switch. Does the start button and light switch work?
    The guy i got it from had a battery in it and he was using it so id say the start button works, the light doesnt work. Is there anything i should try? I did get the switch to work once today but it didnt after that

--
    Ignition switch is bad
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoozy27 View Post
    Ignition switch is bad
    We'll the switch on the handlebars wont kill the bike either, u got any ideas about that? This ignition switch worked on the other bike

--
    Those switches go bad too. Mine is bad on my BR. I use the key to shut it off.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

Legns is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I hate electrical gremlins and in your case do what jmoozy said and go through all the wiring it sounds like a loose or bad connection. Take your time i can't emphasize this enough. I have learned from experience I had a small break in a wire once i had to go through each wire in that circuit multiple times to finally find it and good luck

--
    Ok so i think the switch on the handlebars is bad too can i hooked up a jumperbox to the cables and the start button didnt work so will a switch off an trx 250 hook up and work? I'd like to get it where I can use a battery and save the kick starter and my leg

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //