//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashtabula 2015 - Whos going?

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries

Ashtabula 2015 - Whos going?

I've missed this for several years in a row and I'd like to try and catch it again if I can. Anyone planning on it? Its such a looooong haul for me, and very close to Trikefest so that makes it difficult but I'd like to do it if I can swing it this year.

--
    Looking forward to being there again this year.
    Just sit back and chillaxx

--
    My favorite race of the year and it's under 2hrs away so I will be there.

--
    I'll be there, but not to race, just for support some engines I'll have there. And anyone else for the matter.

--
    I'll be there if I'm not still in the hospital from Unadilla the weekend before. I'm hoping to run some laps on the Cagiva 500
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    What are the dates? This is TT or flat track?
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    It's TT and you can guarantee 3 Keister boys every year.
    It's normally one month after TF. I'll post dates tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it.
    Billy, I'm 2 hrs away. If you can get to the Pittsburgh airport I can get you to the track and provide complete camp setup.

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    Awesome, thanks Bill! I will see how it pans out, I'd love to have the rotax there and ride it, but a looong way from home if I get banged up there and the last time I went we spent more time on the road driving than we did actually there by the time going up and down, so I'd really rather not drive it again...

I'll pack my camera gear and fly up maybe to be there and hang out possibly worst case scenario if timing seems okay

kiser is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I'll be there as long as I have a running bike. Last year was my first time racing and it was a blast! I hope I make it this year!

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I'd like to make it if I can get the time away from work. I told Dan about it today. I'd like to bring the 650 and the 500 both if it's feasible. Once I get the dates I can run it by the boss.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Or buffalo airport, you will have A ride to and fro billy

--
    Billy ill talk to jen, its a HUGE party weekend here in my home town, but we were talking about getting away from the mess and coming to the race..
    If we make it to the race you are more than welcome to one of 3 T3s or my Z..
    TECATE RIDER, HASPIN SURVIVOR!!
    Trikefest 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and beyond
    RAFFAs Ice-fest 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15
    Pensyltucky 09, 12, 13, 14, 15
    New England Ride 4/13

--
    July 18-19 are the dates. Friday the 17th will be practice. I may go as early as Thursday night, July 16.

--
    I had a feeling this might happen. I've got tickets for Cirque du Soleil on the 17th. Might have to try to sell them. Anyone ever use Stub Hub?
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    I'd like to make it if I can get the time away from work. I told Dan about it today. I'd like to bring the 650 and the 500 both if it's feasible. Once I get the dates I can run it by the boss.
    Fabio, with the classes available there - both bikes you mentioned would have to run in open. I'm not telling you not to bring them both because you could get some descent track time on both in practice, but you would be unable to compete on both trikes unless you get the whole cloning thing figured out between now and then. I too have two open class bikes - which sucks for me. As a matter of fact, I tell myself every year that I am only going to run one class because it is such a strain both physically and mentally to race in two classes (and on the wallet too)- yet I have raced two classes every year I have ever attended. This year I am only racing in one class! OPEN. I will have a back up open bike just in case anything bad happens. One more thing - for me personally it sucks because I feel much more comfortable in the stock "vintage" class. I have historically done much better in that class also - But I just love running with the big boys in the open class. Not saying that the vintage class is slow by any means, because it is not. Your best bet would be to bring both - run both in practice, and see which one you are faster on. Hope to see you and Billy there this year. It is by far my most favorite race of the year. I will show up Thursday night as well. It is only 1.5 hours for me - and all secondary roads at that - no interstate highway. If you are looking for a 1/2 way house - hit me up - I could put you up the night before or after to break up your long travels. Same goes for you Billy, although I am not that close to the PGH airport.
    RIP - Yamahondaman!! You will never be forgotten!
    RIP - Sam Brehm!! Gone but NEVER forgotten!
    RIP - Sandpuppi101 - You will live on in my mind - I miss you friend!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //