//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Need help !

--

Need help !

Hey , if this has been covered somewhere else just let me know ...I tried to find it but had no luck...Ok the problem is I'm building a ATC 500r..the sprocket don't line up to the sprocket on the axle....Where did I go wrong? the engine is centered in the frame...it's in a 85 ATC 250r setup..I have looked at pictures of others and can't tell if this is a common problem or not ...do I use a special countershaft sprocket..or have to make one or does the engine have to be off center... I am almost done with the build never even thought of this problem ..Please Advise

--
    Its always a good idea to mock the engine in your roller before you actually mount it. You may need to put spacers and cut the motor mount to line up the sprockets. Pics would help...
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	031.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	216193Click image for larger version. 

Name:	032.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	216194These are pictures on how much it is off...I built this piece by piece..Starting with a engine and then a bare frame...I have made some mistakes along the way...But I thought the engine should be centered in the fame...I didn't start off with a roller ...So back to square one ..But really need to know where to go from here...I would like to here from 500r guys ...What did you do

--
    I even bought a countershaft sprocket for a 250r by mistake...A thicker countershaft sprocket would do the job ...notice how far the chain guide would be from the sprocket if it was mounted

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //