//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 86 Honda 200X Recommission ATC

--
    You walked into the deal of the century. For $850 around here, you get a 3 wheeler that looks like it was hit by a bazooka.

I have a 1985 200X and like another has already asked, if you have any leftover OEM parts, please let me know. I am currently searching for:

OEM rear tail light assembly (all of it)
    OEM handlebars
    OEM muffler

Any spare OEM parts for a 1985

You have a beautiful 86. I wish I had your luck when buying toys.

bigezee is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    If you have an 85 you should be able to find parts all over the place in abundance for cheap.

86-87 is where it gets difficult. They made a lot more 85's and below than the 86-87's.

OEM rear tail light assembly (all of it)
    just sold some of these on Feebay few months back for practically nothing. advertised them on here and nobody wanted them.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bigezee View Post
    If you have an 85 you should be able to find parts all over the place in abundance for cheap.

86-87 is where it gets difficult. They made a lot more 85's and below than the 86-87's.

just sold some of these on Feebay few months back for practically nothing. advertised them on here and nobody wanted them.
    Urgh, the story of my life. A day late and a dollar short. lol

Well I'm also looking for a complete OEM airbox along with all the vacuum lines. I'm still not permitted in the want-ad section and won't be until early August. If you come across or know of a place where I can get these items, please let me know.

--
    Waiting sucks to get into there but is worth it. I just recently bought a complete airbox for my 86 with a lid for only 30 bucks on Ebay! It was only posted on Ebay for 15 minutes until I got it! You just have to be at the right time to get stuff.

As far as I know this is really the only good site/forum for our trikes that I have found. I have bought some stuff from members here in the past and they have been pretty good to me on prices. Good luck.

--
    Yea, I have been nosing around the areas that I can get into and I can see that this is an ATC treasure chest. I was able to track down a rear master cylinder reservoir cup by combing this site so I'm pleased and eagerly await the day when I can get full site access.

--
    You are right the original ones are black with the cap on the end. This is still an amazing build. Love the pictures and keep them coming please. I am kinda doing the same thing you are with my 86. Mine is in a lot rougher shape than yours though and it is a rider and not a museum piece.

What tips can you give on cleaning and restoring some of the surfaces. Are you using any touch up paint at all? If so what type. I don't hardly see a single chip or rust anywhere. I have some Colorite Honda Passion Red R109 paint coming soon. Have you ever used this? What paints and/or cleaning supplies are you using and where? I would appreciate any advice you could give. thanks

p.s. If you think you might have any extra parts you don't think you would need let me know. PM me!
    Thank you for your post.

To be honest.....this 86 was in nice shape to begin with. There were some areas that needed painting but I did not paint anything. As far as some of the stuff I use I probably use what most use. Mcguiars, phosphoric acid for flash cleaning the fasteners, I like autosol metal polish because it works good on specialized alloys, etc.

As far as painting things I can usually find paints that closely match original finishes. The Tahitian Red or Daytona Orange Honda used on the old CR line, etc..... Is an exact copy of Classic GM truck orange. I used that paint to finish my CB750.

The Eastwood Argent Silver wheel finish is a very close match to original Japanese case finishes and like what is on the case protector. It can also be cleared. Just some things I learned over the years of successes and complete failures.

--
    Is that 200x alive? Ride report, ride report.... and more pics....
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    Well rode it around today and it felt great. My 85 200x must have a spot on the tires or a slight bent axle as this thing was super smooth. The only thing was the carb fouled up again.....so it wouldn't idle. I thought I cleaned the tank thoroughly but when I took the carb off it was yellowish and the slow jet was plugged.

What a difference between the 85 and 86. Besides the 85 being a little rougher.....and it starts easy and accelerates smooth.....there is little comparison between the 2. When folks say there's a difference between the 86 87 to previous years I know what they are talking about now.

--
    knappyfeet would you be able to take some measurements of the 200x decal on your fenders. I haven't seen any pictures of your trike with plastic on but I assume you have all the oem plastics? I have some new fenders, Maier, coming this week and I want to get my decals cut. I just need Length and Width of each. thanks.

--
    knappyfeet would you be able to take some measurements of the 200x decal on your fenders. I haven't seen any pictures of your trike with plastic on but I assume you have all the oem plastics? I have some new fenders, Maier, coming this week and I want to get my decals cut. I just need Length and Width of each. thanks.
    Of course. I am not at home now but will do tomorrow with some photos as well. Do you need all the decals...front and rear fenders, gas tank, etc?

--
    That would be great! By looking at a general pic I posted, not mine, I just need pics for placement, and sizes of the 2 large ones on the rear, the small one on the back, and the small one on the front fender. I recreated and going to cut these on my vinyl cutter being these are simple ones. The other ones I will have to have someone print those later!!! Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	34543535.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	351.3 KB 
ID:	217203

--
    That would be great! By looking at a general pic I posted, not mine, I just need pics for placement, and sizes of the 2 large ones on the rear, the small one on the back, and the small one on the front fender. I recreated and going to cut these on my vinyl cutter being these are simple ones. The other ones I will have to have someone print those later!!! Thanks

Name:	34543535.JPG 
Size:	351.3 KB 
ID:	217203
    Here are a couple of pics. I hope it helps your measurments.

Name:	20150615_165203.jpg 
Size:	719.1 KB 
ID:	217243

Name:	20150615_165155.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	742.7 KB 
ID:	217244

Name:	20150615_165136.jpg 
Size:	974.3 KB 
ID:	217245

Name:	20150615_165114.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1,000.2 KB 
ID:	217246

Name:	20150615_165027-1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	287.0 KB 
ID:	217247

Name:	20150615_165010-1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	528.4 KB 
ID:	217248

--
    That's perfect. Now I can start cutting them out. Thanks for spending your time doing that. I was gonna say just take a pic with a tape measure next to them but you figured it out!! Much appreciated man. I owe you one.

--
    That's perfect. Now I can start cutting them out. Thanks for spending your time doing that. I was gonna say just take a pic with a tape measure next to them but you figured it out!! Much appreciated man. I owe you one.

No problemo. I was trying to also get the tape measure close to the ends so you had some idea of their placement but I was taking pictures with the Samsung 12.2 and that tablet is heavy. If you need any others let me know.

--
    Forgot to mention.....do you have a thread or pics of your bike? I'd love to see it.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //