//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 86 Honda 200X Recommission ATC

--
    I just looked and I sent you instructions from my 85 350X manual. I'm sure it will work. I would start WD40 spraying on the large nuts and the hub now to make it easier.

bigezee is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I just looked and I sent you instructions from my 85 350X manual.
    Looks pretty similar to the one I have.

Ok I think I pretty much got it down. Just need to get some bearings. I see kits all over Ebay for 20-30. Which one would be best. Does it matter? How about the o-ring replacement? I would think it would be destroyed after so many years.

--
    I would go Honda on all the axle parts. Some of the Chinese bearings either last a Month or a year, that's the comment I have heard about china's bearings.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldy View Post
    I would go Honda on all the axle parts. Some of the Chinese bearings either last a Month or a year, that's the comment I have heard about china's bearings.
    Sometimes the dealer is cheaper than Ebay. Some NOS components are made in China. My sons old Suzuki 80 was made in Tiawan. I feel the Chinese components would be fine....but fieldy makes a good point

--
    Aside from the NOS grips that I might purchase and perhaps something I overlooked.......the 200X is complete. The front brakes feels a tick spongy but I can live with it and even if it worsens I have a new Honda NOS master on standby.

I have these aftermarket parts that I did not install and in some cases....removed. The master protector, light protector, new Maier guards and a rear cooler rack that the coolers color closely matches the seat........all of which might find its way to the 85 200X. I'm getting use to the stock look of the bike and believe these aftermarket goodies do not lend itself to that look. Like mentioned previously......the 85 200X will require Maier items and seat covers, painting, etc that remove the stock appearance.

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Yes I know what you mean on the stock appearance. My 86 125m which is in great shape had a stupid aftermarket rack on it among a couple of other things. But once i built my 200m which is much better at utility type stuff. I took the rack and the other things off and it looks ten times better than it did.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86125m View Post
    Yes I know what you mean on the stock appearance. My 86 125m which is in great shape had a stupid aftermarket rack on it among a couple of other things. But once i built my 200m which is much better at utility type stuff. I took the rack and the other things off and it looks ten times better than it did.
    I know what you mean. How do you like the 125? DJ (djm0242) gave a recommendation that model. I cant seem to find one nearby. There's an 85 110 that's for sale.....looks really nice and original but is a little pricey. I don't necessarily mind paying for something that is nice, original and have good plastics. I've found over the years that purchasing something cheap and in need of major work ends up costing far more than a nice one....usually.

--
    If you decide to let go of the front master cylinder cover, let me know. I have an 85 200x that I use in the woods and I have use for a guard. Branches are always swinging at me and more times than not, they find their mark.
    Wanted:
    1985 200X OEM Airbox Thin Vacuum Line
    1985 200X OEM Swing Arm Skid Plate

--
    Quote Originally Posted by thehorse13 View Post
    If you decide to let go of the front master cylinder cover, let me know. I have an 85 200x that I use in the woods and I have use for a guard. Branches are always swinging at me and more times than not, they find their mark.
    The one pictured I will use on my 85 but I have another that is a little uglier that you can have......if you pay for shipping. I will post a pic up when I get home.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    The one pictured I will use on my 85 but I have another that is a little uglier that you can have......if you pay for shipping. I will post a pic up when I get home.
    Thanks! I can usually fix ugly.
    Wanted:
    1985 200X OEM Airbox Thin Vacuum Line
    1985 200X OEM Swing Arm Skid Plate

bigezee is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I have these aftermarket parts that I did not install and in some cases....removed.
    Anything for the 86 or are you talking about your 85? I would be interested in the light protector and cooler rack if it's for the 86 and for sale.

Still waiting on my bearings. Bought an All balls bearing kit and should be here any day now.

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    hey i love my 86 125m its my favorite bike. But an 85 110 while very different from my 86, is a great bike. even better in good shape. i would not spend much over 1000 dollars though. sorry to jack you thread.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86125m View Post
    hey i love my 86 125m its my favorite bike. But an 85 110 while very different from my 86, is a great bike. even better in good shape. i would not spend much over 1000 dollars though. sorry to jack you thread.
    Good thoughts as that's exactly what he wants....firm. The history behind it, the apparent clean shape and excellent running condition.....I think it's worth it. I mean I can find cheaper but after you source real nice plastics, decals, finishes, clean fasteners.............your going to blow past that grand mark. I might try to get up there this weekend.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by bigezee View Post
    Anything for the 86 or are you talking about your 85? I would be interested in the light protector and cooler rack if it's for the 86 and for sale.

Still waiting on my bearings. Bought an All balls bearing kit and should be here any day now.
    Sure buddy......whatever I don't use you can have....just pay for the shipping. Let me get some time on it figure what I'm going to do.

Allballsracing.com is my source for motorcycle fork conversions....conversions in general. You got to give us a ride report.....let us know how everything is going.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by thehorse13 View Post
    Thanks! I can usually fix ugly.

Here's a photo of it on the bike.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150630_095619.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	869.6 KB 
ID:	217673

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //