//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Dumb rear brake question?

--

Dumb rear brake question?

Hey guys. I have a slightly dumb question about adjusting the rear brakes on an ATC, specifically an 85 200s. It has a trailer hitch on it, and the previous owner put a spring going from the end of the trailer hitch to the brake. I can see it's there to pull back the brake after the foot pedal is pressed, but I'm confused by it. The trailer hitch was not stock on the 200s. So why would the brakes be connected to it in any way? My 1984 200s I had previous to this one had the same deal. What's the purpose? If someone could explain that would be great. Also any tips on adjusting them? The front ones were easy and they work great, the rear ones grab a little bit not enough to really stop the trike anytime soon. Do I just need to adjust them tighter? I feel like I tightened them a ton but they are still not working, and I don't want to over tighten them. Thanks. I can post a picture of the setup that's on there tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3 Wheelers:
    1983 Honda ATC 200E Big Red "The Barn Find"
    1984 Honda 200x with 200s engine "Auto-X"
    1981 185s junker SOLD
    1983 Honda ATC 185s "the original" SOLD
    1984 Honda ATC 200s "The FrankenTrike" SOLD
    1984 Honda ATC 200s "ole reliable" SOLD
    1986 Honda ATC 200x SOLD

--
    Take apart the drum the two shoes are held together by 2 springs. Those are probably damaged.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //