//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New member recommissioning 1984 200s

--
    The paint is strictly up to you. If you want it off you can likely just hit it with a wire wheel to get it off and polish it somewhat at the same time.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

BigRedGrizzly is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Hey J... Installed that axle today. What an improvement from the original. The axle was causing the hubs to have a lot excess play. The new one snugged things up. I'll tell ya.. Getting that snap ring off the axle to remove the sprocket was a . My snap ring pliers couldn't get it open enough so I had to kind get it up over one side and then work it around. Going was a breeze. I kept the paint.

--
    Good I'm glad it helped. So do you have both of them back to snuff or do you have more work to do?
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

BigRedGrizzly is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Yep... They are both good to go now.

I'm going to look at a 85 200x tomorrow. Looks like it's in decent shape but I've been reading that parts are hard to come by for one. I'm a little nervous about that.

--
    WOW. Those bikes look mint!
    85 250 ES
    86 250 ES (X2)
    87 250 ES

--
    nice and clean lookin tanks man. weak link on those to watch out for is mud and water getting down the pull cord and into the stator windings where the grime will get sanded into the coils by the rotor. other than that those bikes are frikin unstoppable in my opinion.

--
    Hey K10... Thanks man. I might actually have that issue. Not 100% sure what the heck is going on. I put a new plug in it the other day and it seem to run pretty good. It would idle nice.. Then rev up gaining RPMs.. I would blip the throttle and it would hang and back fire. It was trying to die but I kept blipping the throttle to keep it alive. But with every second it was getting worse. It eventually died and I could not restart it. Plug looked fine. I must say though when I got this thing there was mud, I mean a lot of mud everywhere. I feel like the carb is good but I keep second guessing my self. I need to do the Barnett float level test with clear tubing. I was reading another post where some one has had the some problems I'm having. I replaced the coil and that didn't seem to have any major effect. When I check for spark on the fins of the head it's barely noticeable. In fact I'm not sure I even see it to be honest. I was hoping replacing the coil would have fixed that but I guess it didn't. I checked the advance timing and that's D on BA. (Dead on Balls Accurate) For some reason the problem seems to arise when it's hot. Might be that stator you had mentioned. I'm going to have to do more reading and tests. Thanks for the tip.

I also checked out that 1985 200x today. I was very disappointed. The guy wanted $1200. for it. Unfortunately, this thing was in pretty beat up shape. It seemed to run good, had a DG exhaust on it it was LOUD. The head had JB Weld all over it and around the exhaust valve adj. port. There was getting that cap off to adj. the valve. It was a mess. The exhaust manifold had JB weld all over also. It was like they used it as puddy to seal it up. The down tube from the neck had cracked and a really sloppy weld. I mean the thing looked like it had a long bulging growth on it. Not good. I offered $700 but thinking about it now that was too much. I'm glad he didn't accept my offer. The search goes on.....

--
    How were the plastics on it? I see on Ebay engine parts are more readily available and not that costly. However fenders and stuff is a whole other story.

--
    They were in decent shape... Scuffed up stuff but intact. No cracks.

arlaunch is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    BRG,

Have you done the spark test with the lights out and the outside of the plug touching the cylinder head?

I am curious about the end result of all that hard work.
    Last edited by arlaunch; 09-27-2015 at 11:43 PM.

1984 Honda Big Red ATC 200ES (Emma)
    1985 Honda 200X ATC (Pretty Boy)
    1985 Honda 250R ATC (Dr. Fast)
    1985 Honda 250R ATC ( 77 )
    1985 Honda 250R ATC (Baller)
    1986 Honda 350X ATC (Go Go Girl)

Feed Back: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-arlaunch

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //