//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New member recommissioning 1984 200s

BigRedGrizzly is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Post New member recommissioning 1984 200s

Hi all,
    I haven't had one of these since I was a little kid. I just picked up two 84 200s. One is in pretty good condition and just needs some fine tuning. This other one on the lift needs a fair amount of attention. Seat cover. Engine is solid. Adjusted valves, adj, cam chain tensioner, rebuilt carb, and adj. pilot screw. Gas tank had rust in it so I filled it with Metal Rescue and that cleaned it up lickety split. I also soaked the way rusted foot pegs after I used it in the gas tank and it cleaned those baby's up no problem. Just repainted them tonight. I'll be replacing the rear axle bearings and rear brakes along with front brakes and front bearings as well. I lubed all the cables and am replacing the missing right brake lever. I took the rusted rims off and wire brushed the heck out them. Painted them and put on new valve stems and new tires. I also rewound the pull start cord. My wife hasn't seen me in a week and a half. This project should be completed by the end of the week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	170.9 KB 
ID:	216330   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	54 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	216331   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	55 
Size:	392.4 KB 
ID:	216332   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	50 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	216333   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	55 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	216334  

--
    Looking good, hope you have room because those baby's tend to attract others. Good luck on the build. You will love the site. All sorts of cool stuff here. Use the search bar if you get stumped. Or just ask...
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    Looks like you got a nice pair of 200s......and your moving along nicely. I wish I could move that quick. Keep up the good work and keep posting pics.

--
    What kind of tires did you get? It's hard to beat them oem 2-ply tires. They were designed to be your suspension. The h-tracks actually came in two different versions for hard tails and suspended models.

Very nice job though, like these guys said, prepare for them to multiply. You'll have a blast reliving your childhood.

BigRedGrizzly is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Post Little update

I got the Cheng Shin 829s. In these pics I'm installing the front wheel bearings and seals. I was sure to not forget the axle spacer. I'll be adding the newly painted foot pegs tonight. Tomorrow I'm expecting the rest of the parts which are including rear bearings and seals and brakes front and rear. I hope to have it operational by by the end of the night.

Views:	35 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	216382   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	39 
Size:	372.9 KB 
ID:	216383   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	44 
Size:	369.1 KB 
ID:	216384  

--
    I have those on a 110. They are a pretty good tire for that bike.

--
    Everyone on here is pretty cool, and there is a lot of knowledge on here. Welcome to the forum from another newer member! I started with a 200k and ended up adding a 225dx myself, easy to get addicted

--

Tonight I got the front and rear brakes installed. Replaced the right brake lever and adjusted. Installed rear bearings. Mounted the front tire, cleaned, and rebuilt the carb with a kit from Freedom County ATV. The pilot screw on the original carb was missing the rubber o-ring and washer. Now the thing idles like champ.. Nice and smooth. Looks like I'll be waiting to install the new to me (used) axle I purchased from the store here. Coming from Alabama to Jersey.. I hate waiting for parts. My wife tells me to enjoy the sweet anticipation.

--

Thumbs up Another little update

Last night I was able to get the rear bearings and seals installed, replaced the right brake lever, and installed new brakes front and rear and adjusted. I finally mounted the front tire to the frame and its beginning to look like a functional trike again. I was also having trouble with starting the other 200s so I rebuilt the carb with a kit from Freedom County ATV. I changed out the pilot screw and adj. , low range jet, and the idle screw or throttle stop screw. It's running really smooth and sounds great. I need to run to the dealer after work and pickup the seal for the rear brake drum assembly. The last thing in waiting for is an axle that I bought from the store here at 3WW. That won't get here until Monday so my plan of having this done by the weekend is out the window. I hate waiting for parts. My wife tells me to enjoy the sweet anticipation. I get it. But I want to get this project completed, so I can make room for the next one.

Views:	29 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	216465   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	30 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	216466   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	35 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	216467   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	29 
Size:	329.3 KB 
ID:	216468   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	31 
Size:	340.0 KB 
ID:	216469  

--
    Nice work, good to see another ATC being saved

--

Thumbs up Pretty much the last update until I get another one

The 200s with the blue seat is the ATC I'm referring to. OK, so I didn't get the axle in yet, it's not coming in until Monday. However, I could not resist the urge to get everything together to take it for a quick spin to see how it feels. So, I put the old axle back in, put on the sprockets and chain, hubs and tires and let it down off the lift. Rolled it out to the driveway and let my sister take it for the first ride. She reports all good things. I'm satisfied. I'll finish everything up on Monday when the new axle comes in. However, the ATC with the black seat has a wobbly front end when I pick up some speed. It's controllable when hanging on but as soon as you let go the front just wants to wobble left and right. It was doing this initially so I replaced the bearings but it hasn't improved. Could it be worm bearing in the steering stem? I didn't notice any play but I didn't give it a good inspection yet. Any suggestions?

Name:	IMG_6545.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	216510   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6546.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	216511   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6544.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	216512   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6547.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	216513   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6549.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	216514   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6548.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	216515  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6550.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	216516   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6551.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	216517  

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedGrizzly View Post
    the ATC with the black seat has a wobbly front end when I pick up some speed. It's controllable when hanging on but as soon as you let go the front just wants to wobble left and right. It was doing this initially so I replaced the bearings but it hasn't improved. Could it be worm bearing in the steering stem? I didn't notice any play but I didn't give it a good inspection yet. Any suggestions?
    i would get the front end in the air and simply sit in front of it and grab the fork tubes at the axle and try to pull it forward . . if it moves, they are loose.

--
    Got it. Thanks. I'll give shot tomorrow.

--
    Oh yeah... It's sloppy.... Back to parts diagram.

--
    I wish I had a garage and half your motivation lol. Today I tackled my 200s and finally decided to replace the ignition stator after it sitting for two long years.

Those trikes look awesome, keep it up man.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //