//ArrowChat Code

Thread: *Sigh* 225 saga continues...

--

*Sigh* 225 saga continues...

So I finally got this thing back together with all new bearings in the differential and axle. Pretty sure my magneto is going out because my lights are very dim even at higher rpms and battery isn't recharging, and it was replaced a couple of months ago. Starts and runs great, until it starts to warm up. That's when I begin to.lose throttle response, as it cuts in and out. Thoughts? Haven't really dug into it a lot yet, but plan on tackling it over the next couple of days.

--
    I would bet mor than likely you have metal shaving build up interfering with the ignition and lighting coil, from P.O. not changing the oil frequently. Some tips I can offer on that after you remove the pull start, tip the bike on the passenger side before you remove the stator cover as unlike the smaller hondas this is a wet stator. also if you put a large screw driver into the pull start fly wheel and have it pinned to the foot peg the bolt should break loose pretty easy and the fly wheel pulls right off. then unplug the stator wires and you will have to tap lightly on the stator cover to get it to lift a little. It doesn't like to come off because of the magneto but it will lift. when reinstalling it if it doesn't want to slide back down don't force it, remove the electric start and everything will slide back in place. your lack of battery charging is your voltage regulator. if you cut the wires leading into the old one you can add a chinese one that will work. I will take a pic for people to see how I did it on mine, with no issues since I did it very easy to do.
    rectum nothin damn near killed them
    feel free to leave feed back for me here. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...06#post1119306

--
    I'll have to dig into it later today. I did some shopping today and it'd be 170 bones to replace all 3 coils on the stator. I'm going to rule everything out I possibly can before that becomes a possibility!

--
    that's more than you should be paying for all the coils here is an ebay link where I got a ignition source coil. http://www.ebay.com/itm/331271268345...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT this guy offers coils for a fair price.
    rectum nothin damn near killed them
    feel free to leave feed back for me here. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...06#post1119306

--
    Yeah I was looking at pulsar and lighting coil too since my lights barely function. Though realistically I won't be driving at night.

--
    $30 is a good place to start! I tried starting it when I got home via pull start and it fired up but isn't very responsive to throttle. Double checked for air leak with fluid and ruled that out.. I'll be taking a look at the stator in a few minutes once I get it apart. I did notice my oil is noticeably darker than it was before the weekend but I did do some riding

--
    all it takes is one stripped out bolt head in a place you can't reach and you are dead in the water. Just my luck really.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //