//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Kenda 284 or 290 (for the front)?

--

Kenda 284 or 290 (for the front)?

My 250SX has an original OHTSU on the front that needs replacing. The rears are currently newish Kenda 290 Scorpions. Should I match the front to those or go with the Kenda 284 Max which they say is made to be a 'front' companion?

Thanks,

Scott

--
    Let us know what you end up going with.. i think im gettin a new 284 for my sx

--
    Just chatted with the tire guy at one of the big ATV sites. He said he has experience with both on 3 wheelers and didn't see any appreciable difference. Since they are essentially the same price I'll stick with Scorpion for the front. It'll match the rears and seems to have more knobbies on there to hopefully ward of punctures.

Scott

--
    Here's a dumb newbie question:

I haven't pulled my tire of the front rim yet but are these 2-piece rims? My 70 has them but I'm not sure about this one. Wondering if I need to order a tube is the reason I ask.

Thanks,

Scott

--
    The kenda 284 front max is an awesome front tire. I replaced a Carlisle knobbie on the front of my yt175 and the difference is amazing. The trike does not push it the corners anymore, and and turn in is much better even in really soft sand. I can hang the back end out at will now because the front tire goes exactly where I point it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by LilRed View Post
    Here's a dumb newbie question:

I haven't pulled my tire of the front rim yet but are these 2-piece rims? My 70 has them but I'm not sure about this one. Wondering if I need to order a tube is the reason I ask.

Thanks,

Scott
    Should be a 1-piece rim on the SX.
    Trikes:
    '85 ATC 350R
    '85 ATC 250R
    '86 ATC 350X
    '85 ATC 350X
    '84 ATC 200ES Big Red
    '84 ATC 125M
    '85 ATC 110
    '85 ATC 70/110

If you have bought from me or sold to me, please leave me feedback here>>> http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...+RIDE-RED+250r

--
    Great, thanks.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //