//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Paying duty in canada

--

Paying duty in canada

Is there duty on trike parts coming into Canada? I thought because they were over 15 years old there was none. Anybody know for sure

--
    talk about a big pile of duty! tee-dumm bomp! (thank you folks, I'll be here all week)

my understanding is there Is an actual tax on bringing them in. but only if you get caught!

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    If you send /recieve as a gift .I sent troyg a front rack and he sent me a liquid r gas tank neither of us had to pay duty.We valued the parts at $30.
    250r rules

--
    Depends who you ship with and the value of the item. Ups and fedx will make you pay a surcharge fee. If the item is under 40 and you send as a gift I heard you should be ok. This is what I'm told from people

--
    Duty is a crap shoot, I've purchased New items with no duty and used items with duty. Usually though it only comes from UPS.

--
    Ship canada post or usps. Might take a little longer

--
    If it has a value there's always a risk, even with usps sometimes it happens and it's always around 30$.

--
    I ordered a frame and got dinged 46 bucks through usps

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fordnut79@hotma View Post
    I ordered a frame and got dinged 46 bucks through usps
    I think they charge a minimum amount for handling your package, the rest is tax.
    You should have the details on the customs label.

--
    Never, ever get anything shipped by UPS out of the United States. When the brown truck shows up at your door - get your wallet out. Use the postal service.

--
    I hope to be of some help here, the replies thus far are pretty well on the ball.

- ALWAYS use USPS (NOT UPS OR ANY OTHER SHIPPER UNLESS ITS OVERSIZE).
    - Make sure the parts are declared as USED/Refurbished ATV PARTS, there are exceptions to the brokerage and import fees for used stuff.
    If possible, get the shipper to include a bill or short letter in the package encase it gets searched that states that the parts are used/refurbished.
    - Also, getting basic ground shipping takes longer, but usually is much cheaper.

When I was shipping to Hondaatc70.com (in Cali. USA to me in Ont. Canada) my parts to get chromed and getting parts shipped back, we used this method.
    My biggest order was two boxes worth $1200 and all it cost was just over $100 to ship the two. No additional fees.

Hope that helps.

[B]
    1973-74 Honda ATC 70 Chrome Custom

Argo (ODG) Taurus 650, Pacesetter WR-PIII, Commuter 380, TE390, Granger, Sasquatch, John Deere AMT 600, Honda 250es & sx

Trikefest Survivor: 2014, 2015, 2016
    Trikefest Alberta: 2017, 2020

Trikefest 2015 A.K.A MUDFEST
    Coolpool: TURN!
    hoosierlogger: I'M TRY'N TO TURN! (Riding his ALT50)

--
    Usps as a gift. I just bought a rear motowoz shock for mine. Listed it was worth 200 on duty slip. Didnt pay a cent
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--
    Zero help to this thread , ,but... The first machine I brought in from Canada was a spanking new 96 TRX 400 Foreman. My Brother in law was stationed in Drum. My parents went up to visit,and they slid over into Kingston Canada to pick it up for me. IIRC, we were to pay 2 fees? At any rate, we ended up paying $3200 for that bike. They issued us 2 checks back. We called and said they were duplicates. They said no, your refund is correct,cash them. I had argued all I was gonna at that point to give our money back! That turned out to be one magical trip all the way around .Cheap new quad and some game changing 3 wheeler leads ..
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //