//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: XR 650L project

--
    Price sounds fair, turn around time good too. Do a little flushing while the cylinder and clutch cover are removed. Whats the plan for cam and rocker arms? As mentioned above still inspect sprocket countershaft splines, any signs of wear or the sprocket needs replaced buy a XR650R they are a tad thicker helps reduce the spline wear from rocking.

"HJ" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldfogey.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	216667
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

--
    Quote Originally Posted by HairyJR View Post
    Price sounds fair, turn around time good too. Do a little flushing while the cylinder and clutch cover are removed. Whats the plan for cam and rocker arms? As mentioned above still inspect sprocket countershaft splines, any signs of wear or the sprocket needs replaced buy a XR650R they are a tad thicker helps reduce the spline wear from rocking.

"HJ" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldfogey.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	216667
    Roger that, I have flushed it a few times with diesel. I did the oil tank as well. I found a stock cam on ebay for $65 that looked brand new. It was shipped in a Hot Cams box, im assuming that the PO bought the bike and immediately modded it. I got all of the rockers brand new still in the package and installed them in the valve cover as soon as I got them. I have OEM sprockets new in the package that I will be installing soon, although I may consider the 650r sprocket now that I know of the width issue. The countershaft did not look worn but did have a fair amount of rust on it as did the outside of the spark plug. I don't think the original owner had it under cover very much. Have any of yall used this lowering link?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171783381966

All of the reviews are good and it looks solid. I like that its adjustable. Im a short coonass 5'8" #185, so i will likely need one.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    Forks and shock are being sent to onformula1 for lowering upgrade.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    That's some heavy damage. I had over a 100,000 miles on my DR before the cam chain broke and it still didn't look like that. That's going to be an awsome bike when done though.

--
    Started assembling the motor tonight. It's the biggest one that I have ever done.

Its definitely not a 200x. It moving along fine though!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Motor is assembled and torqued to spec!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	217769Click image for larger version. 

Views:	9 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	217770
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	8 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	217940Click image for larger version. 

Views:	4 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	217942Click image for larger version. 

Views:	6 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	217943
    I'm about to fire her up and do couple of cycles. When the custom suspension returns this baby will already be plated bayou state registered. I'm so psyched!!! I think I have more fun building than riding!!!
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    It didn't come with a tool bag so I gave it a trunk!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    I hope you used that manual I sent you.

Clean that nasty seat cover with lacquer thinner on a soaked rag, watch out it will get very clean, but will take off the "Honda stencil" which maybe a good thing. It will also take of that shine and keep your bum from sliding around.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    I hope you used that manual I sent you.
    Mil, you're joking right? It has been my life book as of late.

As for the seat, I began to clean it, but it also has 2 nice size tears in it. So I folded and got a cheap cover for it.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Wow, you are the first person that I know of that actually printed the manual out that I sent them and a 3 ring binder too boot!...Nice!
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Not perfect by any means but I am pretty happy with the results.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    It looks good to me in the photo....good job.

--
    love mine. its a beast for sure. I just went to a 14/48 sprocket set up, it was harrowing to ride in the tight tech stuff with the stock set up. if your sticking mainly to roads stock is fine. I am 6'1 and am considering a link! its a tall ass bike, i am on tiptoes level at a stoplight.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by aldochina View Post
    love mine. its a beast for sure. I just went to a 14/48 sprocket set up, it was harrowing to ride in the tight tech stuff with the stock set up. if your sticking mainly to roads stock is fine. I am 6'1 and am considering a link! its a tall ass bike, i am on tiptoes level at a stoplight.
    Holler at Milner (onformula1) he will customize the stock suspension for you. He knows his shiit and won't rape you on the cost.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //