//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: XR 650L project

--
    Special delivery from onformula1:

"Clank, bang, wack, f**k, "

Voilla... Runs like a thoroughbred... Rides like a dream...

I will be doing more riding tomorrow and will have more input but things are looking up...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    She's looking good!, great job.

Have fun, rubber side down.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Lookin good. If I was closer I'd bring my DR650 and we'd do a little dual sport riding.

--
    Yeah I'll be going lone wolf for a minute.. I don't know anyone else with one. Same with trikes. Still manage to get some good riding done. Father in law has a HD 1350. Guess we can do some road riding.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    First oil change was pretty nasty and the strainer had what looked like a leaf in it. Not sure how that got there...
    Other than that she is running very strong. I put the fork boots on last night and cleaned the plastic up a bit.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--

"Grass Rash"

I laid the bike down while cutting threw a field. I tried to take a curve at 30mph and the bald asss stock tire lost traction. The grass had recently been cut and I had taken the route previously. Oh well guess it time, or past time, for a new rear tire. Any suggestions???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    I am glad your OK.

Both of these are good and highly rated-

http://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tube...otorcycle-tire

http://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tube...otorcycle-tire

For me a slight lean toward the Dunlop D606
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

--
    Ouch! I hope you heal quickly.

What kinda riding you doing? Sometimes I get on this off road kick and then use pure knobbies..........only good for about 3000 miles or so. I currently have some 70/30 off road tires. Seems to last longer.

--
    Onformula1- thanks, I will be ordering one today. Btw, I pulled the trigger on the cr125 stator from RS, should be in soon.

Knappyfeet- I do most of my riding on the road, in the city, but I hate traffic. I tend to take routes that avoid stop and go situations and if that means cutting through a field, I'm on it. Not to mention that I'm always searching for good riding areas as well. It has been abnormally dry here, most fields are moist grassy meadows, everything is flat. No hills, no rocks, just grass and mud.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    The Pirellis are a good choice but........

If your doing 70/30......mainly street then Metzler Karoo 3 tires are the best in my opinion. I have found they have fabulous feel off road here in southern California..........high desert stuff and soft stuff. The tread design says high mileage street tires but the bite off road is surprisingly good. Just my thoughts.

--
    I went with a shinko 244 because money has been slim. It looks like a decent tread and I think anything is better than what was on there.

The shift lever also got a little damaged so I bought an IMS lever. Fits good and feels solid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    That tire looks skinny for a 650?

Is it the stock size?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoozy27 View Post
    Any suggestions???
    A padded jacket. There are some good vented ones out there. There was no need for bloodshed from this (gotta love hindsight)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    That tire looks skinny for a 650?

Is it the stock size?
    4.60-18, I ordered what was on there. I thought it looked a bit skinny as well. Haven't got a chance to try it out yet as it has been pretty wet. Could I have gone bigger?
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    That's stock next time you can go wider for more off road if you want

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //