//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Hair brain 200MX idea... (Please help me stop!)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post

By the way, just curious as to whom you might have make the pipe since they will need to have the bike.
    Either going to see if I can get w DEP to bolt up or same place that did my son's race quad pipe in Huston. Jemco Exhausts will do the work of the stocker cannot be made to fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    Either going to see if I can get w DEP to bolt up or same place that did my son's race quad pipe in Huston. Jemco Exhausts will do the work of the stocker cannot be made to fit.

Thanks for the reply . . Since pipe design/shape has such a big affect on the type of power a 2 stroke will have, and where the power will be in the rpm range, you could just get the stock pipe to at least fit the cylinder only even if the rest of it sticks straight up towards the sky, then give it a test ride and tune the carb fairly well first . . If people can run a Dave Miller Snail pipe, you can certainly run a "Sky" pipe temporarily.

This way, it costs you almost nothing to do, and you will be absolutely certain if you want to run a pipe with the stock dimensions, or one that has a narrower, high rpm power band, or one that is more torquey etc . .

It's obviously a BIG expense and hassle to get a custom pipe, and to get one you're not happy with is a waste because it only fits your custom app.

Also, in case you hadn't thought about it, you could have them make it put of stainless, or get it made out of steel then get it nickel coated . . You could even get an aluminum one made . . Even if you make the aluminum thicker than the steel one would be, it will still only weigh around 1/2 as much . . Obviously your not building a works bike, so saving a little weight isn't a big concern, but I would do it just for the cool factor . . They also have a satin and shiny finish in thermal high temp coatings . . Jet Hot Coatings is one place that does that . . I use that type of coating on the headers of most of the automotive street engines I build, although it would be more sensitive to scuffing from the riders leg than the nickel and stainless would be, and both of those could be polished if they got scuffed.

. . . . . . . . . . . This is nickel coated . . . . . . . . . . . . . This is shiny thermal coating.

. . . . .

--
    .Maybe they will include a matching set of scented mood candles, and a CD of Lawrence Welk's Greatest Hits.
    Why, did you and Aramid damage yours measuring combustion chambers by candle light?

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Why, did you and Aramid damage yours measuring combustion chambers by candle light?

Hey...what I do with my boyfriend [or your goat] in the privacy of my mirror lined Ford panel van is none of your business.

OMG...I think I'm gonna hurl.

--
    OMG...I think I'm gonna hurl.

..............................Me too!

--
    ..............................Me too!

Damn Barnett, it took you this long to find an old Polaroid??? J. Neary must have all of you good shots!!!
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    the custom pipe is $350-$400 so it's a pretty good deal.

--
    the custom pipe is $350-$400 so it's a pretty good deal.
    glad to hear it . . i know what it takes to make a custom 2 stroke pipe, and imo, that's a steal these days, even for a steel pipe, so i'd be quite happy about that . . there's a place out here that starts at around $600.00.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoozy27 View Post
    damn barnett, it took you this long to find an old polaroid??? J. Neary must have all of you good shots!!!

Don't laugh...I sold the patent to Honda for their "Corn Huskers" Model and get a royalty for every field one plows . . Now I'm livin "High On The Hog!".

--
    glad to hear it . . i know what it takes to make a custom 2 stroke pipe, and imo, that's a steal these days, even for a steel pipe, so I'd be quite happy about that . . there's a place out here that starts at around $600.00.
    yea I seen stuff like that too, so I feel pretty lucky. it takes about $90 in gas to drive down 2 times with the machine (1 to drop off and 1 to pick up) but it's worth it.
    custom pipes are pricey, one guy wants $1800 for one and I just looked at him and was like "really dude?" he shut up after that knowing he was being stupid. never gonna go back there. over priced for sure.

--
    s!

--
    Update:
    have received or already have the following parts
    1 complete 1993 CR125R bike
    2 engine oil seal kits
    2 complete Athena gasket kits
    1 complete silicone hose kit
    1 magura throttle assembly
    1 set of new CR125R tank shrouds
    1 set of flexx bars (rebuilt and ready for use)
    1 set of 7/8" to 1-1/8" adapter to use the flexx bars
    350X extended rear swinger
    350X rear bearing carrier
    300EX billet axle and sprocket hub assembly
    300ex sprocket
    protaper 520MX chain (the $110 stuff not the cheapo)
    350X new swing arm bearing set (not going to be used now switching to Delrin)
    350X swingarm bolt with extended supports like for the Baja trikes

will soon be receiving:
    350X custom rear shock (lots of upgrades)
    custom built 350X forks with extended travel
    delrin swing arm bearing setup

--
    yea I seen stuff like that too, so I feel pretty lucky. it takes about $90 in gas to drive down 2 times with the machine (1 to drop off and 1 to pick up) but it's worth it.
    custom pipes are pricey, one guy wants $1800 for one and I just looked at him and was like "really dude?" he shut up after that knowing he was being stupid. never gonna go back there. over priced for sure.
    did you tell him you didn't ask for a titanium one?

i can only speculate that he was either behind on his house payments, or really didn't know how to make a pipe, otherwise he would have known right off that that's a ridiculous price.

trivia - i think it was tony distefanos 250 suzuki that had a titanium pipe and cost several thousand dollars to make back then.

i just had another thought that you may have too, which is to stuff the atc 4 stoke engine you are removing, into the cr125 frame . . that would be in your spare time of course, lol.

--
    Naw, I am thinking of putting it up for sale as there are many guys on here whom would love to get their hands on a good solid running 200x motor with some upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Naw, I am thinking of putting it up for sale as there are many guys on here whom would love to get their hands on a good solid running 200x motor with some upgrades.
    Yes, but where's the fun in that?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //