//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 200x carb and jetting

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoozy27 View Post
    I got the carb in today. It has a second cable connection that operates the accelerator pump. Doe anyone know what cable I would need for this? Maybe a twist throttle???
    Ok, I'm on a bigger screen now so I can see your carb better . . Unless I'm missing something, that takes a single cable throttle cable and the pump is actuated by the one black cam just like all the other ones I have seen.

Here's video of it in action.

http://s354.photobucket.com/user/lou...62857.mp4.html

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Ok they also used that style carb several years of the non USA model of the CG125 . . If you do need a split cable, there are several in the ebay link below.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...cable&_sacat=0

1998 CG125 ORIGINAL HONDA CABLE PHOTO

--
    I wonder if I could rig it up to a thumb throttle?
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    Some pics of the jets and stamped float

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

Toaster556 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    30mm on the engine side. I think 50mm on the other and it has the same size slide as the 200x carb.
    I would lay money on it being a early 80s CB125S carb. See THIS THREAD

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaster556 View Post
    I would lay money on it being a early 80s CB125S carb. See THIS THREAD
    It seems to be very similar, but mine has a 30mm opening, an adjustable needle, and the A/F screw is mounted on the side between the flange and slide. Was there any slightly larger bikes that could have used it like a 150 175 185?
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    The carb in the link that Toaster posted is a NOS 1985 CB125S carb p/n 16100-441-972 . . this number was niot used on any other years.

the date the thread started was 5 - 2013 . . he did not say when he bought that carb and i have no idea how he found a brand new 30 year old carb.

--
    I wonder if I could rig it up to a thumb throttle?
    as far as i remember, honda only used two different threads for their cables so you have a 50/50 chance of the thread size being correct, however since your cable comes out horizontal to the throttle, and the cg125 cable does not, it wouldn't work with your particular throttle anyway.

--
    Went up to a 130 slotted main w/ a utility carb bowl without the thread fitting to quick change the main. Stock Needle on 2nd richest setting with a small washer to raise it slightly. 2.5 turns out on AF screw. I am much happier with chop color.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Yep that looks better. Any hesitations or popping under load?
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    Yep that looks better. Any hesitations or popping under load?
    Not at all, smooth through all circuits...
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    excellent.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    It looks slightly rich . . the old method of reading plugs has not applied for several years do to the corn licquor and/or the super clean burning tier one gas . . it should only have a light ring of black on the end of the threads and the porcelain will not look nearly as dark as it used to with the same jet size . . the plugs in my v10 Chrysler engine I just had smogged have 30,000 miles and look nearly pure white on the porcelain with 0 black on them . . of course its computer controlled up the whazoo but even plugs on old cars look lighter than they used to.

--
    I'll take slightly rich over barely lean any day..
    Last edited by Jmoozy27; 07-07-2015 at 04:51 PM.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    I jet my bikes a hair on the rich side . . your jetting was far from dangerously lean before . . if it was dangerously lean it would have had a hesitation but you said it ran perfect . . the carbon that immediately covered the end of your threads will most likely cover the top of your piston and head and valves too but if you prefer that then you should leave it rich like it is.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //