//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1984 honda 200x rebuild- brands stamped on all aftermarket parts?

--
    You can't tell from the pic but the rear suspension is a swap out for a showa G9702-00. Not sure what it came off of but it was a close enough fit. Close meaning I drilled out the bottom mount holes and filed the top on the sides by 2mm. Felt like I was stepping onto a bag of jet puffed at first then I adjusted the preload and it feels better like a bag of grapes now though. Lol. but I May go with a different spring rate. The shock is near new and works great maybe the preload can still be adjusted to my liking.
    The rear brake master is also a drilled to fit part. It was a 600cbr Chinese brake master. Man these parts were cheap.

--
    Oh and I fixed my kick starter problem. Turns out the dumb son of a gun before me took of the kicker gear cover and put the gears back 2 teeth off to the correct setting giving hard starting and limiting the kick distance.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJ97 View Post
    Haha thanks I've been meaning to ask about oil.

Thanks for the tip.
    No prob, you're welcome.

the reason its better to use non synthetic for break in is that depending on what synthetic is used, it can increase the time it takes for the rings to break in and sometimes even prevent them from breaking completely.

--
    Oh right that makes sense. After how many hours should I drain that oil?

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Oh right that makes sense. After how many hours should I drain that oil?
    6 to 10 hours

--
    i would use this one below . . if i was just doing the rings, i would use this or a regular oil with high levels of ZDDP like some brands of valvoline and brad penn etc.

http://www.drivenracingoil.com/dro/b...in-10w-61html/

--
    Whats the difference between the round slide and flat slide carbs? I am leaning more towards a 28mm flatslide Mikuni from ebay. Just wondering if it is better or easier to have in any way. Do they adjust in the same way or way different? Different power gains?

--
    i would run the flat slide over the round slide . . they can provide a little better throttle response, however, if it were me, i would try an xr200 carb or similar, especially if you have some performance parts like a high compression piston and exhaust pipe etc because they have an accelerator pump, and when properly set up, in many cases a carb with an accel pump will work better than one without one.

--
    Which xr carb has an acccelerator pump i may want to run it.

--
    CARBURETOR

There are also lots of Chinese Keihins on ebay for around $35.00 but the air box boot may not fit . . Others here should know . . The XR carb is 1983 or earlier XR200 which I think is a direct fit and it is 26 mm . . The 2002 and newer models may still be available new and will also work . . Irregardless, you may need to hog the inside of your stock boot out if you use it unless you use a round bore carb and the exit hole in the carb is the same size or smaller than the hole in the boot or unless you use an oval bore carb and the exit hole in the carb is no more than 2 mm bigger than the hole in the boot.

If you use a Honda XR carb, you can use a 1980 thru 1984 XR200 carburetor adapter . . You can also use an XR200R carb adapter but this puts the carb at a different angle so you need to make an air boot from the air box to the carb.

This looks like the correct XR200 intake to me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-XR200-...-/361307993734

DG Performance also sells a carb for it but I have never seen this kit.

http://www.dgperformance.com/motorcy...st.php?pyID=40

--
    Well i did a quick google search and a fellow member deathman53 actually ran the dg 27pd carb and he said in a thread that it is a 27mm. Didnt say anymore or showit. Seems a bit pricey though so ill more of likely go with the xr carb or the flatslide 28mm

--
    Btw about how much does it cost to bore and hone a cylinder?

--
    Btw about how much does it cost to bore and hone a cylinder?
    it varies by location . . it is around $75.00 where i live.

--
    Since im too lazy to find a shop to go to, i am going to get a cylinder kit thats on ebay from cayden cycle. The price seems reasonable for the kits they have 225 to 275. But some of the kits have really small cooling fins. I wonder if that would cause any problems if i were to run it on my x. You can see it if you search ebay "xr200 cylinder kit" i still have to learn how to attach links. Lol.

--

at the top of your computer screen is a 1/4" high white box that is very long . . the address of the site you are viewing is in that box.

put the cursor in the box and left click . . the box will turn blue.

right click and a small box will appear . . move the cursor down until the word "copy" lites up then left click.

when you get back to the 3ww box you are typing in, put the cursor in the box where you want it then right click and a box will appear.

put the cursor on "paste" then right or left click and the address will appear in the box.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //