//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Can i grind the top mount of my 84 200x shock? or will she blow?

--

Can i grind the top mount of my 84 200x shock? or will she blow?

im fixn to put a 84 200x rear shock in my zuki frame. The bottom mount bolts right up, the top is too narrow... it would be much easier to grind the top of my shock mount down then reweld a new mount, can this be done? i see the nitrogen bottle is right below the mount and it IS charged.
    thanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	200x shock.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	217653
    Suzuki ALT 50: Skeeter
    Suzuki ALT 50: full suspension kit: the grasshopper
    Suzuki ALT 125: The Toad
    Suzuki ALT 160: Was a Quad runner 160: The Tri-Runner
    Suzuki ALT 185: The Warthog
    1979 Subaru brat: daily driver almost 400k runs strong

NEED ALT 50 SEAT PAN

--
    You will be fine, just don't get it so hot that you melt the rubber hose, go slow and let it cool in between.

I would press out the bushing sleeve first. (I can't tell if you did from the small picture)

Tip- sanding aluminum is better, straighter and cleaner then grinding it- a belt/disc sander with red aluminum oxide 100 grit discs work the best. (Ace Hardware makes the best discs) you could use a 5" or 6" disc on a drill but it's harder to get it square. 320 grit will smooth it out afterwards, keep going up in grits if you want to polish it up.

I have done this many times, I used to mount WP KTM 125 shocks in a Kawasaki KX100, Huge upgrade.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    It worked, job complete. i am missing the top shock mount bushing and bolt does anyone on here have one theyd sell there isnt one on ebay..
    Suzuki ALT 50: Skeeter
    Suzuki ALT 50: full suspension kit: the grasshopper
    Suzuki ALT 125: The Toad
    Suzuki ALT 160: Was a Quad runner 160: The Tri-Runner
    Suzuki ALT 185: The Warthog
    1979 Subaru brat: daily driver almost 400k runs strong

NEED ALT 50 SEAT PAN

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    Tip- sanding aluminum is better, straighter and cleaner then grinding it
    ... and a lot safer. A non-aluminum specific disc, or stone can literally explode anytime during or after it has been used on aluminum.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiirider View Post
    It worked, job complete. i am missing the top shock mount bushing and bolt does anyone on here have one theyd sell there isnt one on ebay..
    Sorry, everything I have is going to be used, but you can still buy them new-

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/searc...BER/parts.html
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //