//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 2000 honda 300 build.

--

2000 honda 300 build.

little something ive been working on.all new bearings and seals,both clutches,new oil pump,complete top end rebuilt and got the exhaust and snorkel fitted today.more pictures to come

Signature pic removed,becuase of no helmet.

--
    Nice! I'm doing one with a Big Rear rear end. Hoping to make snorkels soon.

--
    im going to use the big red or 350d rear end.what ever i can find cheapest.i paid $400 for the bike and have at least another $1000 in it.

--
    I used an 85 Big Red rear end that had been sitting outside for years. It was locked up, but with a few kerosene flushes it was freed up. But I stripped it down to put in new bearings in the entire rear end, I'm also gunna add a drain and a few grease fittings. A lot of guys on facebook swear by it, some use gear oil with grease added, others use grease only in the axle tubes. Either way, I figured it was a do it once and do it right type for the rear, so I won't have to touch it again unless I modify the shock mount (which needs to be made as well)

I just bought this plate (on the right) to weld in. The shock mount will be different I guess the one pictured is for a 350d rear end. But the plate that mounts to the swingarm is the same.

plateweld.jpg

I got two cheap parts bikes, I'm eventually going to use a spare frame I have to make a stretched and lifted one with a donor 350d machine to use, but I'm building a relatively stock one to use in the meantime and to use as a reference for driveshaft/axle angles, frame mounts, etc.

--
    how is the body lift done.

--
    foreman011.jpgaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

Not my pics, and one of them is a 350d hybrid using parts of both frames and lots of custom work, but it shows the idea. Usually you have a donor frame and cut em in half to extend some sections and steering stem. Then longer suspension/axles/a-arms. Not sure how everyone is doing the body or fender lifts, I planned to look into it all more once my first trx is fully together.

--
    yeah think i'll just do 2''lift kit.

--
    got the bike all together,waiting on tires,lift and front locker.

Jed is offline New to the board Arm chair racerNew to the board
    --
    those are great bikes cant kill em

--
    Looks good. Makes me wish I had a real gas tank for mine. How does it turn with the locker?

--
    What rims are those? Are they Honda rims?
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    idk there were on the bike when i bought it.both front/rear are 12 inch.i ended up putting some silverbacks on it with the front locker.locker really doesnt effect steering to bad.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //