//ArrowChat Code
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39

Thread: Random 1980s racing pictures

--
    Hi bkm, been messing with other hobbies and my Rotax is still apart while the suspension is being sorted out so nothing really new to post. Somewhere i have a couple photo albums of some of my best racing pics that have not yet located, think they are in my parents store but are buried so not sure when ill get to them.

Of the photos i have most have been posted and ive not yet gotten around to getting our vhs tapes converted to digital but i still plan to do so. When i get the Franks back together i will get it outside for a good photo shoot and ill post the results.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Neary View Post
    Hi bkm, been messing with other hobbies and my Rotax is still apart while the suspension is being sorted out so nothing really new to post. Somewhere i have a couple photo albums of some of my best racing pics that have not yet located, think they are in my parents store but are buried so not sure when ill get to them.

Of the photos i have most have been posted and ive not yet gotten around to getting our vhs tapes converted to digital but i still plan to do so. When i get the Franks back together i will get it outside for a good photo shoot and ill post the results.
    Hey John I'm building a 83-84' Sundahl 250r replica and I'm thinking of doing it like his 83' from Santa Cruz with the white stripping. If you run across any still shots of that please post them up or send them to me. I took some of the race but it doesn't show every detail.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2016-05-09 15.55.53.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	231556

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Meeker.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	231683Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Saddleback Park.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	231684Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JW.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	231685Just some misc. that might be in the tread already.

--
    Nice pics Keith, first time i have seen them. Curious as to why Wax is on a 82 250R while Stevie is in a 83/84. I know Jimmy raced a Honda in 83 but he might of signed with Kawi mid season. Interesting photo.

@Mickey - I have posted everything i have that has Dean in it, i really like that style with the white trim so nice choice of a look to go for. Dean always did look cool.

--
    Because Wax didn't need no stinkin Pro Link to run up front!! And other reasons lol
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    I must say this has been my favorite thread ever ! I was one of the kids who was living out this whole great time in racing history through Dirt Wheels Magazine. And now to see all these great pictures that I've never seen is awesome!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Neary View Post
    Nice pics Keith, first time i have seen them. Curious as to why Wax is on a 82 250R while Stevie is in a 83/84. I know Jimmy raced a Honda in 83 but he might of signed with Kawi mid season. Interesting photo.

@Mickey - I have posted everything i have that has Dean in it, i really like that style with the white trim so nice choice of a look to go for. Dean always did look cool.
    He wasn't call King Dean for nothing. He was the only one I never beat, but he never rode the 200x class either and I only raced him in the 250 class on a 200x. I think it will be a good build with that 83' bike with the white stripes and the #1 plate, a good history bike to build.

--
    80's modified fl250 odyssey class 3 racer. 360cc Cammex engine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160514_002636.jpg   20160511_032534.jpg   FB_IMG_1461333578438.jpg  

Curtis-Tecate3 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Hello John,

Thank you so much for starting this thread and giving some of us the chance to re-live the glory days.
    I would also like to thank the other veterans from the era that contributed with both stories and pics.
    Great reading.
    I love anything with an engine except a lawnmower...
    1986 Tecate and original owner of a 1985 200X.
    3 wheeling since 1975.

ctk is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Such rad pics
    Chris

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //