//ArrowChat Code
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Random 1980s racing pictures

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Neary View Post
    George at what i believe is the LA Sports Arena in late 1984, i did not attend this race for one reason or another.

Dicing with the ever consistent Paul Woods on his custom KDX200, I wonder what Paul is up to these days, i stopped seeing him at the races in late 84.

Attachment 221815 Attachment 221817
    Hey John, is this the LA Coliseum?

I actually rode the last, and what I though was the only, 3 wheeler race they ever had there . . I ended up second but I actually would have won it but some clown took me out big time during practice and bent nearly everything on the bike and all I had was a pair of spare forks and tripple clamps with me, so I put those on and straightened the bars the best I could but everything else was bent, plus I got majorly mangled during that crash and didn't know if I could even hold onto the bars for the race, however I was so friggen pissed off that I wasn't going to just quit.

Anyway, cool pics as always.

--
    little action from early 1981 at our local track Cycleland Speedway

My rear fender is an example of why kids and spray paint are usually a bad mix

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img627.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	302.6 KB 
ID:	222161 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img628.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	303.6 KB 
ID:	222162

George and i where pretty even on our 185s, you can only go so fast on one, but when he got his 250R he really stepped it up

Name:	img629.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	219.2 KB 
ID:	222163 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img630.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	222.7 KB 
ID:	222164

Tri Moto roosting away from George's 250R...or its being lapped, ill let you decide

Name:	img631.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	222165 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img632.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	255.4 KB 
ID:	222166

@barnett468 - The race was in LA but not at the football stadium, i think it was at one of the old hockey or basketball arenas. We have a good video from the race but i still gotta buy a VHS to DVD converter to switch over our old race tapes so i can upload some of the good ones. I really wanna get my 84 San Jose 250 pro main converted from VHS, was my best and last ride on the Franks Rotax.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    @barnett468 - The race was in LA but not at the football stadium, i think it was at one of the old hockey or basketball arenas. We have a good video from the race but i still gotta buy a VHS to DVD converter to switch over our old race tapes so i can upload some of the good ones. I really wanna get my 84 San Jose 250 pro main converted from VHS, was my best and last ride on the Franks Rotax.
    ok, I know very little about those converters but it it looks like they around $50.00 . . If that's the case, heck, I'll gladly make a donation to the cause if you promise to do the San Diego race I was in first . . Sorry but I really would love to see myself hole shot that race then give the trophy girls the peace sign as I came around the first lap....IN FRONT OF JIMMY WHITE WHILE USING HS TIRES AND WHEELS.

You can just cut it off after that though because I prefer NOT to see myself get passed...again and again after that, lol.

I would guess that Mickey might even chip in too since he expressed interest in it, and I guess some others here would also since they seem to enjoy your photos so much . . If you have Pay Pal, we could just send it there and you could order it online.

It's not as if you are asking for they money, I would be HAPPY if you allowed me to to donate . . We all know you have spent a TON of time posting what you have so far and that it will be a pita and take a bit of time to convert the VCR's then download them to Youtube or whatever, so it would be more of a way that we could show our appreciation for what you have done and maybe feel less guilty that we are benefiting from all your time and effort.

Here's some that look like what you need, but I'm guessing you have already looked into it.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_50jgq45p0e_e

--
    You know what, I bet some people would pay just to see me get passed . . You you could even set up a $1.00 Pay Per View and maybe rake in enough to pay for most of your Franks restoration.

I don't remember if you said that you or your brother were in that race also, but if either of you were, you might even get to see yourselves pass me.

Hell Barn....is there anyone that DIDN'T pass you in that race?

. .

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    Hell Barn....is there anyone that DIDN'T pass you in that race?

. .
    Yes...the water truck.

--
    Went thru the VHS box, have not looked at any of these in 30 years, and there are about twenty tapes in all with about six that have no label that i can only guess are of what race. I think what i will do is buy the converter off Amazon, use it just for these tapes and then resell it on Ebay since i do not have any other use for it.

I honestly have a hard time watching videos of those old races, makes me sad thinking how all of that vanished because of lawyers and idiots coming together to ruin everything and send ATV racing into a tail spin its never recovered from.

--
    I honestly have a hard time watching videos of those old races, makes me sad thinking how all of that vanished because of lawyers and idiots coming together to ruin everything and send ATV racing into a tail spin its never recovered from.
    yeah, of course that was beyond horrible, and it has been discussed on the site a few times, but I hope others don't start commenting about it on your thread because its not what your thread is about.

at the very least, trikes have made a bit of resurgence but as you know, the other big problem is that they closed most of the tracks and off road parks, at least in california, like carlsbad, indian dunes, saddle back, escape country, elsinore, de anza, ocir, ascott, irwindale, san berdo, corona and so on . . that's 11 but im sure there are more.

you might even be able to buy a used converter off ehay for half price or less.

--
    On a positive note here in NY there are several tracks allowing trikes to race again. Unadilla MX and AirMX. Paradise ,Freedom and Champion Flat track/TT.There are also a few tracks in nearby Pa. and Ohio .
    250r rules

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc300r View Post
    On a positive note here in NY there are several tracks allowing trikes to race again. Unadilla MX and AirMX. Paradise ,Freedom and Champion Flat track/TT.There are also a few tracks in nearby Pa. and Ohio .
    unfortunately they cant reopen most of the tracks in calif even if they wanted to because many have been turned into housing tracts or shopping centers.

--
    started putting stuff back together

Name:	1 227.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	222798 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 225.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	222799 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 226.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	222800

some shots of the triple clamps by request from xrider

Name:	1 224.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	222801 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1848.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	222808 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1849.JPG 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	222807

Name:	IMG_1854.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	222803 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1853.JPG 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	222804 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1859.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	222802

Name:	IMG_1850.JPG 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	222805 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1851.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	222809 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1856.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	222806

xrider if you want any measurements just ask

--
    Looks good, I wish it was in my living room...
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    So cool, thank again for sharing, those pictures make me think of Kelvin sitting in front of a Bridgeport on a barstool hand cranking those triple clamps.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoozy27 View Post
    Looks good, I wish it was in my living room...
    Me too, my wife would love it!

Think about it, is there really a cooler trike than this?

It's like having a F1 car just hanging out.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Yeah i think Kelvin sold way, way more triple clamps and swing arms than he did whole bikes so he likely was sitting at his mill for better part of the work day.

finally found the correct type of kickstarter, should have it next week. I just need the upper part and it will clean up like new once i get my hands on it

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	185.7 KB 
ID:	222812

located a new ignition cover that has the Rotax emblem for sale in France (my motoplat stator has welded itself to my current ignition cover where it mounts and i had no luck removing it when i tried)

Name:	212157-ignition-cover.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	222810

master cylinder for sale in England that i can be happy with, its a Grimeca off a older Ducati. gonna order it next week

Name:	s-l300.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	222811

xrider is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Thanks for the pictures of the triples! Sent you a message with some dimensions I am looking for. It's coming together nicely

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //