//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: To paint, or not to paint?

--
    Update on paint job. Well, my paint job survived up until November of 2017. And it did not fail under normal use. It took my stupid, fat ass falling off a ladder (while getting Christmas decorations down) onto my quad to cause the damage. And for 270 lbs. falling on the left rear fender, the damage was not that bad. Now obviously, the paint did crack, but the fender survived. Needless to say, I was pissed, but I should be grateful that my Honda put itself in harms way to try and break my fall. Isn't that stupid? I was not relieved that I did not get hurt, but I was pissed off that I cracked the paint. Anyway, the paint job, in my case, was a worth while project. As stated previously, I am not gently on my ATVs. The paint job was able to survive everything I put it through. I should include that I do not ride on trails so narrow that branches or thick brush come in contact with the machine, but I do ride in dirt, sand, snow, and rocky mountain trails.

--
    Thank you for the durability report of the paint and good to hear you weren't hurt too bad.

Just to refresh our memory.......did you ever sand the plastic first? Did you use an adhesion promoter? I understand some adhesion promoters on the market today are much more friendly to TPO, PPO, etc style plastics than just ABS.

You still have a nice lineup of toys!

--
    Yes sir. Wet sanded with 600 or 800 grit, followed by adhesion promoter, primer, base coat, and clear coat. When I am out in the shop next, I will post all the material brands.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //