//ArrowChat Code

Thread: new tires and tire shop fails.

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

new tires and tire shop fails.

Well today was supposed to be the day that i rid myself of s forever. but what started out as a good day has turned nto a bad one real quick after I picked up my new tires I brought them to my local tire shop and in the process of unmounting they completely bent my rim bead to the point of no return. so they look for awhile to get me a new rim after i tell them that you will never be able to find another new one. after they cant find a new one to match my original 200x rim they dont replace both rims like they should have done they find a used one on ebay and tell me its that or nothing. I reluctantly agree to it under the stipulation that if the rim is not up to my standards when it come in they will have to do something else. I am so pissed off right now its not even funny.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Bummer but here's another option . . below is the current retail price of a new rim from a parts vendor which is 323.00 British Pounds or $500.00 US Dollars . . You can show them this official web site which clearly shows the price and if your rim looked like new, you can tell them they can just give you the $500.00 a new one would cost because they legally must replace yours with a rim of equal or better quality . . After they finish gesticulating at the price, you can make them a generous offer to accept only half the cost of a new rim and you will then sign a waiver releasing them of further liability/responsibility for it . . This way they don't have to worry about being stuck with a rim you are unhappy with and have to buy you another.

If they balk at your generous offer, you could mention that at this point, it might be best if you ask the Better Business Bureau or agency that gave them their business license what they suggest.

. . http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-atc200x-1.../#.VbvrrbXLDdU

--
    86125m, what kind of tires are you installing? The tires on my rims were stock and I had to cut them off to avoid bending the rim. I know that you are trying to stay stock but you can get decent used replacements. I got a HF tire changing mount for $40. It's still a notch to get the tires off but a 2ply tire isn't too hard to get on. Sorry they did that, they should know better and should have just turned down the work if they could not handle it.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    I was taking off a set of trail pros and putting on a set of shredders that I got for 45 dollars a piece brand new from my favorite parts shop. Tires is one thing I don't care if it is oem or not. My rim did not look brand new but it definalty looked really good I would say 8 out of 10 . The used one they ordered off of ebay to replaced it with did look pretty nice in the picture. Its just the principle if you break something you should replace it with a new part just to make sure that the person gets a good part. And if that part has to match another part you just have to get two.

--
    Oh and here is the real kicker before he bent the rim his supervisor told him to stop before he bent the rim. and he didn't and low and behold what happened ill try and gets some pics posted before to long. The real sad thing is we have been going there a long time know the owner but they keep hiring these ya hoos how don't give a crap and don't do things the right way.I would really hate to see them close but this is the final straw after I get this rim situation fixed i am taking my business elsewhere. I the really bad thing is I had the weekend off I was going to ride the crap out of that bike tomorrow and after church Sunday.

--
    Get the harbor freight tire changer/ bead breaker. It's the best $40 dollars I've spent on trike tools. I don't trust the dip sticks that work at the tire store.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    my dad has one of the hf tire changers and i have broke it twice.we eventually reinforced it and now it works really good,even watch my dad break down a 60 year old tractor tire with it.
    Signature pic removed,becuase of no helmet.

--
    Yes, the HF tire changer could use some beefing up. I too have used it to change my tractor tires (fronts on a MF 30B) and I am surprised it hasn't broke yet, but it's still hanging in there. Here in so. cal. they charge $15 a wheel for changing an ATV tire. My HF tire changer has paid for itself long ago.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    I know its been awhile but the used rim came in and it looked almost like brand new so I let them put my tire on it and installed it to my bike. I have since found me a be place to bring my atv tires.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86125m View Post
    Well today was supposed to be the day that i rid myself of s forever. but what started out as a good day has turned nto a bad one real quick after I picked up my new tires I brought them to my local tire shop and in the process of unmounting they completely bent my rim bead to the point of no return. so they look for awhile to get me a new rim after i tell them that you will never be able to find another new one. after they cant find a new one to match my original 200x rim they dont replace both rims like they should have done they find a used one on ebay and tell me its that or nothing. I reluctantly agree to it under the stipulation that if the rim is not up to my standards when it come in they will have to do something else. I am so pissed off right now its not even funny.
    That sucks big time. But I agree with many on here... when it comes to this stuff you cannot replace its not worth letting someone else touch it. My advice take a Stanley knife and cut if off if the tire won't break off the bread. Black tape some big screw drivers and put new on yourself. Especially anything aluminum.

For what its worth,
    Brian

my wheelers:

1983 Honda 200
    1982 Honda 185S
    1983 Honda 250R
    1984 Honda 200S
    1985 Honda 200X
    1985 Honda 200 auto-X

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //