//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 87 KX500 piston kits?

--

Question 87 KX500 piston kits?

Where can I get one or what piston will work in these engines ? They sell them for the 88 and up 500s but not for the older 500s
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    you will not find pistons anymore for these years...no one wanted anything to do with 87 KX's. 85-86 your ok and 88-04 your ok also. If i were you and it was mine I would put it on CL and let someone else find out this hard truth. If not you just will own a paper weight now.

Everything 1987 motor related is gone everyware. Your OEM part no for piston is: 13001-1245 and there are non on ebay either. Sell the sucker off quick!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    Where can I get one or what piston will work in these engines ? They sell them for the 88 and up 500s but not for the older 500s
    If I remember correctly and it's been along time you can use the 1988 and up piston, the difference is they changed from a one ring to a two ring piston. The rods were the same size from 1985 and up along with the wrist pin and bearing.

I would give Wiseco tech a call and see if my memory is correct.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    you will not find pistons anymore for these years...no one wanted anything to do with 87 KX's. 85-86 your ok and 88-04 your ok also. If i were you and it was mine I would put it on CL and let someone else find out this hard truth. If not you just will own a paper weight now.

Everything 1987 motor related is gone everyware. Your OEM part no for piston is: 13001-1245 and there are non on ebay either. Sell the sucker off quick!
    What is 87 only ? From what I seen so far Pistons and jugs power valves are what is hard to find
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    If I remember correctly and it's been along time you can use the 1988 and up piston, the difference is they changed from a one ring to a two ring piston. The rods were the same size from 1985 and up along with the wrist pin and bearing.

I would give Wiseco tech a call and see if my memory is correct.
    This is correct.
    "You should never smoke in pajamas..
    You might start a fire and burn your face..
    Maybe you should return to Manaugua..
    You could go un-noticed in such a place"

FZ

Ass,gas or grass....nobody rides for free!

Ride free,Brotha. See you in Heaven.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //