//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ATC650X from Dirt Wheels Oct. 2002

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ATC650X View Post
    Nice mug shot Mickey. Not hiding a belly behind the X are you? Looking forward to that issue!
    Well I was trying! lol

--
    Regarding the rear fenders having mud flaps or flares. This is what we call a GRAY area. I also went over the PA. inspection book many times and I would much rather not have flares. Remember Pa says no to ATVS on the street but yes to trikes being a motorcycle. I have asked several inspection mechanics and they say they would not pass it without the flares. Found one that said he would. Also asked several cops and they said must have flares. I hate the flares but understand I'm trying to convince the law it's legal. The perception is the tires need covered so to try not to fight them on it I just put the flares on. Feel like I'm pushing the limits as it is. Make sense?

--
    I made the flares from some plastic that I formed with a heat gun. Tried my best to make them look factory but they are kinda big. They are starting to grow on me though.

TwiZ is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Did you take it to an enhanced inspection mechanic? I know there are gray areas in Pa inspection laws...or did it get licked n sticked?...and i presume it has d.o.t.tires....sweet ride man!!!!! Sick as hell

1984 Honda 200X
    1984 Honda 200S Bonecrusher
    1975 Jeep CJ5

--
    Ok...just seen your other post...i know i run into trouble with my cj5 with full width axles and the mudflap n flare thing and havin to remove the 38.5" swampers n throw stockers on it to get it stickered...my insp.guy always says it wasnt like that when i brought it here...and i say to the cops...do you think i could get it inspected like this?...its a cat n mouse game with the inspection laws n cops cause the laws are open for interpretation. I won a court hearing once over mud flaps...i said since you can buy a brand new truck without them but its inspected ya need to bust a lot of dealerships...judge said ya got a point and dismissed it...if your in the Elk county area we should ride...or let me check that bad boy out

1984 Honda 200X
    1975 Jeep CJ5

--
    Hey atc tim...we should ride...your close

1984 Honda 200X
    1975 Jeep CJ5

--
    Hey guys sorry I haven't been on here in awhile. I have no idea what the machine weighs? I know it's not light. The trike handles very well. The 10" rear wheels made a huge difference in the stability around turns. You can just fly on pavement or dirt. Remember it has a plus 4" rear 250r axle and is 8" longer than a 350x. I just went through normal inspection in Pa. Didn't want to ask TOO many questions.

--
    Also the Black Diamond STI tires are D.O.T. approved. Really make the trike look great.

--
    While the trike does handle well, the tires are not the smoothest nor balanced. Would not want to ride it super long distance. Just put a JE 10.5 to 1 piston in it and a FMF powerbomb header on it. Runs great!!

--
    That's a beautiful trike I want to do a similar build with an older 2stroke enduro and a tri-z. Your work is great and I love to see the rules manipulated

Sent from my E6715 using Tapatalk

--
    great trike. thanks for sharing… and paint that frame red, brother!

--
    Great build!!!! Congratulations on getting around PA law and rocken a road ATC.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //