//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ATC750R Turbo

--
    Actually the last one I built had a stretched swingarm and it was really hard to ride it in the woods. I kept this one short to improve the handling characteristics and improve rideability.

--
    offering my 2 cent coming from RC51's and R1's.....I saw the 2nd gen dodge. I had one of them lifted up to heaven too once.

--
    Atc750r, is there some "engine" above the frame and under the gas tank? I am unfamiliar with crotch rockets, probably a battery or radiators under there. I was thinking about this and someone making a smaller tank and try to get the seat lower for flat tracking. I am guessing you will try running sprockets that will keep the front end down anyhow. Unless it was a drag racer I wouldn't want to lay on the tank much. Really cool and I like.
    Last edited by fieldy; 08-28-2015 at 11:58 PM.

--
    No its where the stock airbox goes but now that that its turbo its just a plenum. the battery and radiator are under the rear fender. i am gearing it so that the final drive matches the stock setup with the smaller tires so the speedo will be correct.

--
    You asked people to tell you what they think, then jumped on the first person to be honest. You could ride it on the trail, but the experienced trail riders here know a trail bike when they see one. That isnt a trail bike, it's a novelty. In the pictures, i see at least two vehicles that are so overbuilt that they wouldnt really be good at any one thing.

Why the turbo? Seems like quite a chore to install for power that you will rarely use. Lag works both ways so i hope you have good brakes and a nice helmet.

--
    I will say it is well put together compared to most crotch rocket 3 wheelers. That said i can't see doing anything with it but blasting down a straight highway at 150+. Its obviously set up to ride on the highway with an open air filter and turbo. Those tires and suspension and brakes can't hold up to that kind of speed. Maybe they can, but maybe they won't? IMO 3 wheelers already have a bad enough reputation, and the last thing we need is someone making the news on his homemade job. Your bike looks neat, but as freewheeler said, its a novelty. It has the potential to be very dangerous and impossible to set up for a certain riding style because of what it is. There's tons of people here into all different kinds of machines but there's a good reason no one here builds trikes out of crotch rockets.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

briano is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I like it, I'd ride it, and I'd even shift it past second gear. Depending on the trail, why is this thing going to be unrideable? Not all trails are full of ruts, rocks, roots, and fallen trees. I bet it would be fun to cruise around old dirt back roads and two tracks. Not that it matters, but, I bet it gets better mileage than a lot of factory built trikes also.

It's surely not as useless as a lowered Civic, there's way too much snow where I live for a lowered Civic. But, it ride that trike in it. And for those that think it's dangerous, there's a throttle and gears for a reason. If you don't want to go fast, then don't, that easy.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by briano View Post
    It's surely not as useless as a lowered Civic, there's way too much snow where I live for a lowered Civic. But, it ride that trike in it. And for those that think it's dangerous, there's a throttle and gears for a reason. If you don't want to go fast, then don't, that easy.
    You newer guys have some nerve to blast an long term member on what he/she choses to own in their garage.

Ah more personal attacks...Thanks again Briano....Has it dawned on anyone I own well more then two different style of autos and if your going to commute for a 40 mile drive the thing should handle good right?

--
    Welcome to the site, as you can see, we all enjoy flashing our opinions. Nice build!!! It would be fun to ride, especially on some of those new toll roads near you. I'm not one for crotchrockets, or lowered civics for that matter, but I do enjoy a custom machine. Especially when it's fast as hell!!! Keep us posted on the build. It would be nice if it looked more like a traditional three wheeler IMO. Maybe with a desert tank or something to that effect. Good luck. Hope to see more on this one...
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    I love this build. It's going to be one hell of a trail/dune/drag machine. If you get it suspended properly i think it will excel in all 3. The trails I ride are all wide sandy and this thing would be a dream. I like how you fit the 250r fenders looks great. Will the radiators mount in the stock location and clear the front tire. Did you modify the the rake angle so its not as steep? What all was done to get the swingarm and triples mounted? Do you have close up pictures of where the suspension mounts?

I started a build with a 99 GSXR-750 engine but the guy that did the welding was awful so that frame is scraped. I now want to do what you did and use the factory frame/gas tank and add a +3/4 inch swingarm with inverted forks. I want to keep it a stock motor electric start reliable and fast as hell.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNC00082.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	221462Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNC00083.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	221463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNC00084.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	221464Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SNC00085.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	221465
    85 Tri-z Power valve on Inverts
    85 Tri-z Basket Case
    01 gsxr750 engine/Tri-z frame (long long way from complete)

briano is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    You newer guys have some nerve to blast an long term member on what he/she choses to own in their garage.

Ah more personal attacks...Thanks again Briano....Has it dawned on anyone I own well more then two different style of autos and if your going to commute for a 40 mile drive the thing should handle good right?
    And, you feel the need to tell a new member that his trike won't be a good trail machine! How do you know, have you ridden it? I never said "your" car is useless. I said where I live a lowered Civic is useless, I sure did, they will not go through a foot of snow. Someday you'll figure it all out. I enjoy seeing what people build, not what people have built for them.

--
    your too smart mouthed.

--
    I used the frame and motor from the GSXR750. I pressed the pin out of the GSXR lower triple tree and opened up the holes in the 250R uppers and lowers where they would press in. The front bolts on like stock with no mods to the rake angle with the stock GSXR bearings and seals. The swing arm is steel so I took a piece of .250 wall tubing and machined it where it was the same dimensions as the GSXR swing arm and welded it to the 250R arm so it too bolts on like factory. The radiator is actually mounted in a fabbed subframe under the seat.

--
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1575.JPG 
Views:	389 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	221513   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1574.JPG 
Views:	389 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	221514  

--
    The radiator is from a Honda 1100 and is a 2 core unit and should work fine. This is not my first build like this so that's why I responded like I did when people judged it from a picture. I have a turbo GSXR600 go kart, a 350+hp GSXR1100 turbo, 2 turbo Hayabusas, a turbo DRZ400 Supermoto, a twin turbo 355 S10, and that truck in the pictures has a Paxton Novi 2000 supercharged V10. If its got wheels I can ride it and I would never judge something like this much less talk bad about it from seeing a picture, I build all of my stuff myself with the exception of bugging friends for machine work and welding. I'll be the first one to help anyone who needs it and offer any tech advice that I can. Also I was just digging on the guy with the lowered Civic, I have 2 Civics myself. Hahahahah!!!!!!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //