//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 82 big red oil in stator cover

--

82 big red oil in stator cover

Hello I just picked up a 1982 big red and when I took the stator cover off, some oil drained out. I've heard some rumors that some three wheelers ran a wet stator? Never heard of this myself and was wondering if it is true or if I just have bad crank seals? Thanks a lot
    Jake

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 83atc200 View Post
    Hello I just picked up a 1982 big red and when I took the stator cover off, some oil drained out. I've heard some rumors that some three wheelers ran a wet stator? Never heard of this myself and was wondering if it is true or if I just have bad crank seals? Thanks a lot
    Jake
    Hey guys upon further inspection I see that there is supposed to be oil in with the stator on this particular model. Thanks

--
    Was about to say that haha. Basically the rule of thumb for the 200 Honda's is, if it has electric and pull start it's wet stator, pullstart only and it's dry stator.
    Rides:
    1985 250sx
    1982 ATC185s
    1984 200es

Always Hoping For a Maritime Trikefest- http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...s-where-you-at

"Wear Limits Are Just A Suggestion"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearheadtom View Post
    Was about to say that haha. Basically the rule of thumb for the 200 Honda's is, if it has electric and pull start it's wet stator, pullstart only and it's dry stator.
    Thanks Gearheadtom. Good to know!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //