//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New member looking to restore 85 klt110 and 81 klt200

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    yes, "all balls" has tapered bearing kits for some models.

--
    So i got the frame painted and a couple other things. I will be starting to put things back together tomorrow. I found the exciter coil is bad and i am not getting spark. I tested the rest of the wiring harness and all is good there. Is there anything else to check why i am not getting spark? Thanks.

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    does the exciter coil show no continuity or no ohms?

you can check the spark plug coil too.

--
    It shows no ohms. The spark plug coil checks out good. Just dont get any ohms off the red wire coming out of the stator.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixerupper View Post
    It shows no ohms. The spark plug coil checks out good. Just dont get any ohms off the red wire coming out of the stator.
    i would remove the stator cover and check it inside there then to the other end of the coil . . if its still not good you can remove the flywheel and check it on the coil . . might just be a loose connection.

--
    Thats the problem i cant get the flywheel off to check inside. Lol. I practically stripped out my puller trying to get it off and it wont release!

--
    So does the 110 have a clutch lever for manual shifting or just shift and go?

--
    So does the 110 have a clutch lever for manual shifting or just shift and go?
    the 110 is odd in that it has the traditional automatic trans that can be shifted without the clutch lever but it also has a clutch lever than can be pulled in when the bike is in gear but ii dont know anyone that uses the clutch lever unless they use it to pop a wheelie with.

--
    Thanks! 1 less thing i have to buy and replace. Lol

--
    Thanks! 1 less thing i have to buy and replace. Lol
    xlnt!

--
    Got the forks back on to the tree with the bearings. I cleaned my whole dam garage because i was missing 1 of the 1/4" balls and found it outside the garage door in the driveway! Oh well at least the garage is cleaned up. Lol

--
    So i took the engine to local shop and had them pop off the flywheel. It looks like connections r tight but still not getting any reading from the meter. How do u replace the exciter coil? Thanks

--
    So i took the engine to local shop and had them pop off the flywheel. It looks like connections r tight but still not getting any reading from the meter. How do u replace the exciter coil? Thanks
    one option is to send it to ricky stators at the link below and have him rewind it . . another option is to look for a stator assy on ebay but these bikes are pretty rare.

http://www.rickystator.com/

--
    So i got a reading through my coil finally but im not sure what is supposed to read. Does anyone know by chance? Thanks

--
    How clean do the magnets on the flywheel have to be for good spark?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //