//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 85 350X Decompression Cable

--

85 350X Decompression Cable

I just picked up a 85 350X and had a tough time getting it to fire. It needs new gas, a good carb clean, along w/ a new plug. But I also noticed last night that the decompression arm by the kickstarter did not move at all while I was kicking it. I know these cables can be a pain if not adjusted properly, but will it hurt anything if it does not function at all?

--
    it will just be really hard to kick over due to the compression and stout size of the 350X. worst thing is it throws you off the trike when trying to start or busts your leg up good. so while not really needed could be a safety issue.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    I witnessed a few guys trying to start mine. Once warm it's a 1 kick.

Use the kicker downward until it's super hard and let it get just a hair above complete compression. Kick it just past that TDC and give it a full kick.

It works with or without the cable as it's a 4 stroke and once your past compression, it can't rebound hard.

Use nice cables are 25$ on EBAY. Lots of guys have them.

DC
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    There brand new cables....they are still made by Honda. I ordered one a few months ago when I had a 350x in a 250x.

--
    If the arm by the kick starter isn't moving it's most likely broken inside the side cover or when someone took the side cover off, it wasn't put back together right (which in most cases breaks the decomp assembly). You don't really need it unless you have a Goki on it. It's more of getting to know the starting process of a 350x rather than a functioning decomp. The decomp helps, but until you figure out how to start it by getting it just past the compression stroke, it's going be a pain to start with or without it.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    Yeah, it didn't function at all down by the kicker. After I went through the carb, put fresh gas in, and a new spark plug, it fires within a couple kicks. All seems fine, so I won't bother w/ fixing it until it comes time to look at the clutch.

--
    Mine actually gets much harder to kick once its good and warmed up. I'm a big guy, and I have to put everything in it to kick mine over without it.

--
    #13 for the cable from honda just for reference -> http://www.partzilla.com/parts/searc...EAD/parts.html

I have 2 350x's, one that has a working decomp and one that don't. The working decomp one is a dream to start, just kick it, and I rarely have to kick it more than twice unless I forget to choke it or something. The other machine is a flat out pain in the ass to kick. You have to do exactly what Dirtcrasher said, get just past compression, then kick it hard. I can stand on the kick starter on compression stroke and it takes a few seconds to sink. If yours isn't like that, it might be low on compression or the recomp on the top of the head is stuck or something. I have never had either 350x backfire while kicking, if it does it would break my ankle for sure. I'm a pretty skinny guy though, around 150-160 pounds.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //