//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stroker built with ATC parts

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atcmatt View Post
    Where in Aus are you Will?
    North of brisbane

--
    Sunny Queensland huh. Any dune riding up that way?
    1980 ATC 70 Needs Restoration
    1985 ATC 250es Fully Refurbed
    1986 ATC 350x Mint Original

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atcmatt View Post
    Sunny Queensland huh. Any dune riding up that way?
    Was when i was kid up north qld

--
    Quote Originally Posted by WILL_S View Post
    ........Got some bits coming to build 125 cranks into 58+ strokers, will probably be used in my new build with 185/200 top end

This could be a interesting project, please do post additional information and pic's as you progress.

"HJ" Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oldfogey.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.2 KB 
ID:	229952
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

--
    From what I heard the kawaski "Honda/Kawasaki hybrid" top end makes as much power as that will with out that much work. But that is just what I heard cause I was thinking of trying that too. I'm not trying to be a nagitive nancy cause I still think it would be cool to do.
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    From what I heard the kawaski "Honda/Kawasaki hybrid" top end makes as much power as that will with out that much work. But that is just what I heard cause I was thinking of trying that too. I'm not trying to be a nagitive nancy cause I still think it would be cool to do.
    What top end is used on that hybrid?
    Appalachian American Racing
    the home of
    Appalachian American Engineering

"Can't", never could do nothing

There's nothing like the sound of screaming 2strokes and the smell of race gas in the air

--
    Quote Originally Posted by big specht View Post
    Keen to hear about this too.
    All the top end swaps i know about require studs to be moved ,case welding/boring and sorting out cam chain/tensioner .

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
    What top end is used on that hybrid?
    The same top end that is on turbo's big motor. I think it a klx style top end
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--

--
    You know, instead of jacking with cast cylinders that are heavy and hold heat in, you can go to an alloy one. Much lighter, dissipates heat way better and they come in various sizes.
    Www.tboltusa.com has them for sale. Check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    You know, instead of jacking with cast cylinders that are heavy and hold heat in, you can go to an alloy one. Much lighter, dissipates heat way better and they come in various sizes.
    Www.tboltusa.com has them for sale. Check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you talking about the atc 90/110/125 stud spacing ?
    Or the monster above

--
    the ones where you show the cast iron stock cylinder instead of the alloy ones.
    I took a 70cc bottom end, dropped in a 125 crank and rod setup, then added a 52mm long cylinder and finally ordered a 54mm piston. took the piston and cylinder to bored to fit the piston, then height checked the cylinder, half the time I had to have them shave off (1.5-2mm total) the bottom and top and this would bring the piston to perfect spec height. when done, I had a 143cc engine with 14-15:1 compression, big ass cam, and large valves. those little motors would scream!! the trans would bust. I would swap the top end over to a new bottom end and off we went again!
    good times where those days. the sad, the 2-strokes would leave us standing still..... hard to compete against a race ready 70cc 2-stroke with a 140cc 4-stroke. they had over double the power and performance. we tried gearing and everything we could only to finally realize we had to change to a 2-stroke. so I swapped to a KX65 with an Athena 82cc BB setup, all ported. ran awesome tons of power, but the quad was too small. so we went to what we run now. Yamaha Raptor 125 converted to YZ85 with 90cc BB setup. so much faster, better and smoother than anything before!!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    the ones where you show the cast iron stock cylinder instead of the alloy ones.
    I took a 70cc bottom end, dropped in a 125 crank and rod setup, then added a 52mm long cylinder and finally ordered a 54mm piston. took the piston and cylinder to bored to fit the piston, then height checked the cylinder, half the time I had to have them shave off (1.5-2mm total) the bottom and top and this would bring the piston to perfect spec height. when done, I had a 143cc engine with 14-15:1 compression, big ass cam, and large valves. those little motors would scream!! the trans would bust. I would swap the top end over to a new bottom end and off we went again!
    good times where those days. the sad, the 2-strokes would leave us standing still..... hard to compete against a race ready 70cc 2-stroke with a 140cc 4-stroke. they had over double the power and performance. we tried gearing and everything we could only to finally realize we had to change to a 2-stroke. so I swapped to a KX65 with an Athena 82cc BB setup, all ported. ran awesome tons of power, but the quad was too small. so we went to what we run now. Yamaha Raptor 125 converted to YZ85 with 90cc BB setup. so much faster, better and smoother than anything before!!!
    Cool build
    Easier with 70 cases as the china stuff stud pattern is the same.
    With the 90/110/125 trike stuff different pattern.

--
    they actually have some stuff now that uses the 90/110/125 pattern, you have to measure the stud hole pattern, then the cylinder height, (bottom deck to top deck) and finally the bore. some of the larger names like GPx and piranha use that pattern even some of the Lifan stuff does as well.

talk to t-bolt www.tboltusa.com Vince knows his . he an help you for sure. the cheapo Chinese uses the old 70 pattern, but the nicer Chinese stuff use the bigger pattern. i have a larger cylinder and head assembly. if you measure your stud pattern and get back to me, maybe we can work some deals out.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //