//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: ATCr125x

--
    I suggest setting everything up, full alignment of the chain, exhaust, ETC.

if you need a mock up sleeve for the cases/swingarm pivot bolt, (14mm to ID of CR case) let me know and I will machine a "Dummy" and ship it to you

Then let me know what you need to top it off.

Git R Done big guy.

And please stop your hoarding the 86/87 200x chassis, or I may take a drive and stop in for some gumbo and a roller. HAHA!
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    I am not sure what you mean? Are you using bkm's delrin kit?
    I will be using bkm bushings, I will need a second reduction sleeve with a 20mm OD and 14mm ID. I was thinking that a 2 piece set just for each side of the cases would be ideal to prevent the steel ends of the swinger from contacting the cases. If that makes since.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    I suggest setting everything up, full alignment of the chain, exhaust, ETC.

if you need a mock up sleeve for the cases/swingarm pivot bolt, (14mm to ID of CR case) let me know and I will machine a "Dummy" and ship it to you

Then let me know what you need to top it off.

Git R Done big guy.

And please stop your hoarding the 86/87 200x chassis, or I may take a drive and stop in for some gumbo and a roller. HAHA!
    Sounds good, I started to mock everything last night... Then it got a little late...

You're always welcome to a roller, and some gumbo, étouffée, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    HAHA, I said strippers
    MMmmmmmm strippers! nothing beat a sexy pair of Strippers!!!

http://www.dhresource.com/albu_31836...%20Crimper.jpg

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    MMmmmmmm strippers! nothing beat a sexy pair of Strippers!!!

http://www.dhresource.com/albu_31836...%20Crimper.jpg
    High dollar strippers!!!
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoozy27 View Post
    Sounds good, I started to mock everything last night... Then it got a little late...

You're always welcome to a roller, and some gumbo, étouffée, etc.
    Man, that is so cool, if you didn't know better it looks factory.

The lines of the engine even follow the frame, you don't even need to move the bracket for the head stay, just fab a bracket up.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

--
    Man, that is so cool, if you didn't know better it looks factory.

The lines of the engine even follow the frame, you don't even need to move the bracket for the head stay, just fab a bracket up.
    Not sure yet, but I may be able to use the same mounts and hardware. Maybe just drill new holes in the hardware.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    depending on how far your kickstart lever can be rotated forward you might be able to pull start the engine by giving the kickstarter a yank with your right arm, i used to start my 79 CR125 powered three wheeler this way after i watched Tommy Gaian do it with his CR125 Team Honda bike one day at Saddleback

--
    I made a mistake, the cr125 swinger bolt is 17mm
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Neary View Post
    depending on how far your kickstart lever can be rotated forward you might be able to pull start the engine by giving the kickstarter a yank with your right arm, i used to start my 79 CR125 powered three wheeler this way after i watched Tommy Gaian do it with his CR125 Team Honda bike one day at Saddleback
    It has been tested and they start pretty easy by hand, you may want to try a glove.

--
    just cut the fender a little higher for the kicker or cut a notch in it like blasters and banshees had.

--
    i wrapped the end with tacky double sided tape to pad it and give it a bit of grip, it was very easy to start and was even faster than kicking the bike over as you gotta reach down anyway to flip out the kickstarter if the bike stalls but you just give it a tug instead of having to stand up and put your foot on the lever

i was doing this in 82 when i was only 13 years old so it does not take much strength

--
    Neat project, I've thought of building something like this for my son to ride. This setup would be pretty good for a racer, one that stays up in the rpm all the time. 125's don't make good power until they are really revving. How much do you expect the final product to weigh? 125 motocross bikes are extremely light and only have a single skinny rear tire to turn which allows them to spin and stay revved. Are you concerned of the fact that it will undoubtedly be more difficult to ride on trails than a 250 2 stroke or any 4 stroke, or are you strictly a racer? Looking good so far.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Neary View Post
    i wrapped the end with tacky double sided tape to pad it and give it a bit of grip, it was very easy to start and was even faster than kicking the bike over as you gotta reach down anyway to flip out the kickstarter if the bike stalls but you just give it a tug instead of having to stand up and put your foot on the lever

i was doing this in 82 when i was only 13 years old so it does not take much strength
    Yeah, I was thinking wrapping it with friction tape with a heat shrink band on both ends, or shave it smooth and leave the ends a lone and run a Rotax rubber sleeve.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
    Neat project, I've thought of building something like this for my son to ride. This setup would be pretty good for a racer, one that stays up in the rpm all the time. 125's don't make good power until they are really revving. How much do you expect the final product to weigh? 125 motocross bikes are extremely light and only have a single skinny rear tire to turn which allows them to spin and stay revved. Are you concerned of the fact that it will undoubtedly be more difficult to ride on trails than a 250 2 stroke or any 4 stroke, or are you strictly a racer? Looking good so far.
    I think you would be surprised at how much power they make a lower revs, look up Jimmy lewis or Paul Edmondson and a few others, they had great careers waxing 2 stroke 250's and 4 strokes in tight woods, enduros and GP's. With the modern design and power valve they make a nice spread of power, now if you are going flat out against a good running 250 you will need to be between 11,000-12,500 RPM to be competitive.

With a killer set-up you should be able to get to 250lbs., probably more like 260lbs. with out going nuts.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //