//ArrowChat Code
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: ATCr125x

--
    It's not to hard, you just have to watch what the material is doing.

I machined this black delrin to .97 mm and it's all good.

(The end is not cleaned up yet)

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    Nice build.. Always good to see a nice two-stroke swap.. What year is your engine?

I think I would have drilled the frame and used a 17mm bolt... Then drilled the swinger bushings for a proper 17mm sleeve.. Although the case sleeve is how the 500 dirtbike guys do it, and gives you the option of using standard bearings in the future
    Last edited by cr480r; 11-22-2015 at 04:50 AM.
    2-stroke lover

--
    Quote Originally Posted by cr480r View Post
    Nice build.. Always good to see a nice two-stroke swap.. What year is your engine?

I think I would have drilled the frame and used a 17mm bolt... Then drilled the swinger bushings for a proper 17mm sleeve.. Although the case sleeve is how the 500 dirtbike guys do it, and gives you the option of using standard bearings in the future
    The motor is a '94. I could've went either way with the swinger. I chose this way because it just seemed a little easier and I already had all of the parts, minus the bushings. If for whatever reason something gets screwed up, I can always pull the sleeve, drill the bushings, and be back in business. It would have been tough to do the opposite after drilling the frame.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    I'm glad to hear the reduction sleeve turned out okay. It wasn't some of my best work, but I learned a lot from that one. If for some reason that fails, lets go Barnett on it and try some bronze.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

--
    I'll keep an eye on it but I'm feeling good about it.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoozy27 View Post
    The motor is a '94.
    Always heard that was a fast year for them. I have a complete transmission, cases, and ignition system if you end up needing parts
    2-stroke lover

--
    Always heard that was a fast year for them. I have a complete transmission, cases, and ignition system if you end up needing parts
    Awesome, I should be okay as I bought the whole bike earlier this year with this build in mind. I haven't even heard the motor run yet. Not worried about that though. That's the easy stuff.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--

The CR bolt is too short

Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

--
    Been working on getting the motor positioned and mounts machined, never thought I would be using the Pythagorean theorem again. I had to google it.

Everything is lining up good I'm just reluctant to make move too quickly. Got a lot of work to do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Nice work

Pythagoras was a Boss!

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Nice work

Pythagoras was a Boss!

Sent from my Z998 using Tapatalk
    Its like the only thing that I remember from HS math
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    The front mounts are complete. I'll make the top ones tomorrow.

I like the way it sits
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Man that looks factory, consider making the head stay out of aluminum it will cut down on vibration from a non-counter balanced engine.

Slot the hole that bolts to the head so it will not blown the head gasket.

I like the engine angle you used.

--
    The pipe will be a tight fit, I will flip the top bolts so the threads face the opposite way. I think I will switch the color scheme up a bit. I will be going with a 1987 look. Flash red frame with the tank to match.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmoozy27 View Post
    The pipe will be a tight fit, I will flip the top bolts so the threads face the opposite way. I think I will switch the color scheme up a bit. I will be going with a 1987 look. Flash red frame with the tank to match.
    That color combo will look even better with the suspension I planned out.

Killer combo......very jealous!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //