//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: ATCr125x

--

ATCr125x

Been gathering parts and ideas on this one for a while. I feel it's now time to reveal my next project.

The Bones:

The Meat:

The Plan:

Build a badazz smoker with an awesome suspension and huge nuts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Last edited by Jmoozy27; 10-07-2015 at 11:22 AM.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    I have always wanted to do that! Since 1986! Think that might be my last project if i am ever fortunate enough to have alot of it done for me. Getting the sprockets to line up seems probably over my head.
    I am a good fabricator but getting sprockets in line, doing the reinforcement work and i can't build a pipe...
    I bet it will handle the best and BE the ultimate 3 wheeler. Hope to see your project and the creativity and skill it will require, have fun.

--
    Nice project. Any questions, ask Mart. Thread to his 125 200x below.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...light=175+200x
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Bro, this is soooo cool!

You & Mike (Oscar Mayer) building different styles of the 200X/CR125 conversions is so neat, I know of Mart's build and it is very cool, I guess what I am saying is there is so many ways to build these things and they are all cool and will surprise many 250 trikes with a different style of performance.

I will build one someday after we get both of yours off the ground and screaming, but I may use a motor that has 2 or 3 initials instead just to be a bit different with suspension that many can't spell or pronounce
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    I'm using aircraft stripper to remove the old paint and blind brush primer job that the PO botched. This 200x chassis was traded for a yfm80 that never panned out. It was an absolute mess, I had to save it.

"Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

bcredneck is offline I can fit a square peg in a round hole. Just give me a hammer and duct tape! Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by fieldy View Post
    I have always wanted to do that! Since 1986! Think that might be my last project if i am ever fortunate enough to have alot of it done for me. Getting the sprockets to line up seems probably over my head.
    I am a good fabricator but getting sprockets in line, doing the reinforcement work and i can't build a pipe...
    I bet it will handle the best and BE the ultimate 3 wheeler. Hope to see your project and the creativity and skill it will require, have fun.
    the 200x motor pinion is in the same spot as it would be on a dirtbike since the xr200 uses about the same width wheel as the 125 so its not as hard as it would seem. The best way is to drop the motor in with no mounts and pull the chain over the sprockets and look down the chain like your aiming a gun. motor swaps are fun

--
    Beck, actually there is .5" difference between the cr125R motor and the 4strokes. The CR sits slightly more left when sitting on the trike. I recommend anyone doing this to get I touch with onformula1 and get him to make reducers for the motor and swinger out of derlyn instead of anything else. Has just enough give to help dampen vibrations but strong enough just to handle the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

bcredneck is offline I can fit a square peg in a round hole. Just give me a hammer and duct tape! Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    could you get away with 1/2'' spacers on the rear sprocket

--
    well it is close enough that you just trim that much more off the swinger on the 1 side and let the other side be that much longer is all. pretty EZ
    if done right you can use a 350X rear swinger with a trx300EX rear axle and 350X rear hub. that is what I am doing.

oh just realized your using a 2nd gen 200x (86-87)
    you should be able to just trim yours up some and be good. it does not have the crappy 1st gen swing arm bolt chain adjuster.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    You have a good start on this project !!! Your first and best thought was to use the '86-'87 x chassis !!! Mart used the first Gen x, I used the 1st gen also! If I had to do it over I would go your route !!!!
    Keep us posted !!This is a Great Project !! Ol Deuce
    DO the Best With What you got !

My Feed back :cool

--
    Thanks for the info guys, I plan on taking my time with this one so it gets done right.

While pulling the rads off of the donor I found that the lower hose was clogged. I'm pretty sure it was an insect nest. Don't know how it got there...

This is after I blew the hose out with compressed air...
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    probably dirtdobbers I hate them with a passion they get everywhere no matter how good you seal something up.

--
    Do it if you have a good 125 motor with all electronics and that 86/87 frame. Ever seen that model crack or brake? I haven't....

The pipe may be an issue but the front rails look higher to the down tube that doesn't snap on those years.

If you can't get an 86/87 swingarm, caliper, carrier, axle; Just cut it off at the round back and weld whatever model has cheaper/better parts. Just gotta line up the chain and caliper may need a custom spacer or 's.

400EX
    350X etc etc....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I have the full '86 200x chassis, and complete CR125 motor and harness. I'm going to use '83/84 250r axle, modified (onformula1) full suspension. I'm a big fan of the 2nd gen 200x frame, and no I have never seen one crack. I may have a few other surprise mods along the way. This one will be built to perform.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    that killed my 81 yz 125 and i loved that bike it had a fresh top end so the heat cooked the bottom crank bearing before the top end was done all because coolant ran threw the frame with a bottle neck at the bottom. Its the yz with the triple clamp rad that always leaks out the steering tube horrible design but the fastest (steel frame) 125 ive ridden.
    And the only bike ive ever had decked out with aftermarket parts

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //