//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Ice racing tires

--

Ice racing tires

Hey Guys, I feel like I have asked this before so i'm sorry. But I am doing ice racing this year, I just built a 110, and want to put smaller tires on the back of it. I know I will have to make an adapter for different wheel types. Im gonna run un-studded so what is a good size to use? It would be the same as those of you that race flat track. Any idea what size they might be? Thanks in advance.

sanchez is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    first use a 70 (ice fest results) they work better
    if stuck on something else the softest most supple tire works
    the front tire is going to be your problem
    don't think flat/wide tires equals traction again one of the benefits of a 70 is the tires when aired down, lay down wide and long, and seem to find grip
    keep weight on the front tire
    Appearing since '07

Looking for a place to happen...
    Making stops, along the way

--
    New trike rider asking. I've used this kind of stuted tires in my Polaris Outlaw 525 and grip was almost like driving on pavement.

If I put these on the back of my 350X will I be able to slide for corners or is the grip going to be too much for an inexperienced driver and I'm going to flip? Most of users here are talking about using kold kutters. Do you have this kind of studs in North Amerika? In Finland this is type of stud that you race with, but we don't have any trikes racing so I'dont know how they would work.

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    I'm not the expert but have ice raced in the past and spent a good amount of time with tire studs. Everyone I have seen uses Kold Kutters or something similar. I have never seen anyone use the pick type you have pictured, at least not in person, so I don't know how they would do. Just guessing I tend to think they will have too much bite, but that's just an opinion.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

Outlaw #24 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I put 450 cold cutters in each tire on a set of 18x11x8 Holeshots back in the day and the screws are so hooked up they RIP the tread right of the tires. I removed them and installed the screws on a set of 9" hole shots. Still have them. the Idea is to not run them on sand or concrete and they will last for ever.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mare View Post
    New trike rider asking. I've used this kind of stuted tires in my Polaris Outlaw 525 and grip was almost like driving on pavement.

If I put these on the back of my 350X will I be able to slide for corners or is the grip going to be too much for an inexperienced driver and I'm going to flip? Most of users here are talking about using kold kutters. Do you have this kind of studs in North Amerika? In Finland this is type of stud that you race with, but we don't have any trikes racing so I'dont know how they would work.
    I just wanted to let you guys know that the grip was perfect! I have those spike tires at rear and then I used some kold kutters for the front tire. Here is a Youtube video with that set up from yesterday. Don't say anything about my driving. I'm still learning how to ride this beast . https://youtu.be/MzRXMffhufc

--
    That ride on the lake looked like fun!
    Reverse Trike Nut

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //