//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Camp rzr glamis event pics

pcs is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

Camp rzr glamis event pics

Few pictures to share from the event. With my new suspension I had no issue keeping up with side-by-sides in the deep whoop sections. Lots of stairs, questions, and lots of high-fives from the older crowd .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	98 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	223520Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	223521Click image for larger version. 

Views:	91 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	223522Click image for larger version. 

Views:	88 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	223523
    Team Blue: 85 Tri-z 250: under the knife
    Team Red: 87 Trx250r 01Cr80 15 CBR600RR
    Team Yellow: 06 Ltr450 11 Hayabusa

--
    I had to reread the "stairs" part of it. I was thinking "whats the foo climbn". Then I reliazed what you meant. The trike looks sweet!
    • 1985 Honda 250SX
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1985 Honda 350X
    • 1986 Honda 250R

“I Love The 350x. It’s So Bad”

My Feedback Link!

--
    Stares* =)
    I used a talk to type application

--
    "With my new suspension I had no issue keeping up with side-by-sides in the deep whoop sections."

Happy to hear this. Can you elaborate with a before and after ride report. I ordered a Metal Tech +3 for my Tri-Z on Wednesday. Tyler said it should be in the mail next Wednesday.
    85 Tri-z Power valve on Inverts
    85 Tri-z Basket Case
    01 gsxr750 engine/Tri-z frame (long long way from complete)

--
    Well done pcs. I suspect with that many Polaris machines in one area, at least a few were still working after riding. The dealers would make some good money selling parts;-) Sorry, not a fan of Polaris, my $.02
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Glamy:The only reason the tire gummed up was because the dirt roads around the event were being sprayed with water throughout the event to keep dust levels down. Normally the desert is dry and I do not have to contend with wet dirt. So under normal use my front tire was fine . Running the 25" over the 23" front help with floatation over soft sand and rolling over whoop sections easier.
    Neverlift: my previous set up was mostly stock. I used a stock shock with a Honda 250 R TRX rear spring And just recharged the shock and change oil in it . New set up as a metal tech +2 swingarm with a banshee suspension link and d New set up as a metal tech +2 swingarm with a banshee suspension link and a elka stg 3 raptor 660 rear shock. So it's not much of a comparison between the old burst the new when considering suspension action . With the added swing arm length the turning radius has increased so you won't be able to make as tight of a turn. What type of riding will you be doing?
    Coolpool: Polaris was giving out free tech-support and maintenance work free of charge. They have to make sure their customer stay happy . I am also not a fan of Polaris.
    Last edited by pcs; 11-06-2015 at 09:21 PM.

--
    Neverlift: I could get more specific with details but I don't know if you're familiar with the area so I can use it as a reference. The biggest change is in the suspension action the way the new rear shock handles. Its beyond what the stock one can do but it's expected when I'm comparing a new shock to a 30-year-old shock. What rear shock will you be running and what suspension link will you use. I do know from previous experience when you add a longer swingarm and you don't adjust the rear suspension it will feel it will feel softer with the Tri Z already being soft I don't know if that is a good thing.

--
    Polaris
    Owners
    Learn
    About
    Reliability
    Issues
    Soon
    my feedback thread http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...-hoosierlogger

TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Current rides
    Taurus 650 (green)
    85 250es big red
    83 ALT50 (5 year old daughters)
    82 ALT50
    82 ALT50
    84 atc 70 stroked big bore 90 STILL in progress.
    71 QA50
    93 TRX 300 FW

Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Ya'll are the biggest bunch of whining b!tches I've seen in my entire life.
    You might be strong as an ox, but without a cart you are just a big dumb animal.

--
    PCS, Did you have to modify anything on the Tri Z electrical system to run the LED headlight? Is I bright enough?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My toys 85 KXT250A2, 85 ATC250R, 85 Tri-z 250, 06 LT-R450, 04 YFZ450S, 07 125 typhoon x 3, 06 FPV GT.

--
    are extended swingers a must have on sand like that?

I ask because I`m building an R specifically to take out West to attend some of the forum group events in 2017 and I have NEVER ridden dunes in all my life so I`m clueless in that respect.

No dunes in Kentucky

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post

I ask because I`m building an R specifically to take out West to attend some of the forum group events in 2017 and I have NEVER ridden dunes in all my life so I`m clueless in that respect.

No dunes in Kentucky
    Chop, 2017 eh, planning well ahead or being extra cautious on how long the build is going to take you?

Re the long swingarm, it depends on a few factors. How much horse power your planning on having, how often you think you'll get to the dunes, and what your riding.

I've got an 85r that goes quite well, and that's got a standard length swing arm and that works fine in the dunes.

Until recently I had an 87 tecate and alway thought that would benefit from a slightly longer swingarm to keep the front end under-control at times, but it never stopped me having a blast in the dunes on it. Plus it always looked cool popping the front end up as it hit the meat of the powerband in the middle of a diagonal hill climb. I always meant it and it never once scared the chit out of me..... of course..........

Unless your going to the dunes specifically to compete in some manner, I wouldn't bother getting too crazy with mods. For your first time I wouldn't even fit an extended swing arm nor recommend paddles. Just head up with a healthy 250 two stroke with good knobby tyres and get a feel of it. Any good running two stroke sport trike will always hold its own in the sand it is, after all, their natural habitat.

My toys 85 KXT250A2, 85 ATC250R, 85 Tri-z 250, 06 LT-R450, 04 YFZ450S, 07 125 typhoon x 3, 06 FPV GT.

--
    pcs: Majority of my riding is wide sandy trails, high speed and wooped out. I will be running a banshee Works quad cross rear shock (which i will have valved and sprung for the changes) and 01 CR125 inverts. I planed on using the stock Z linkage. What is the difference between the banshee and Z linkage? If the banshee linkage has benefit's then i'll buy one.
    85 Tri-z Power valve on Inverts
    85 Tri-z Basket Case
    01 gsxr750 engine/Tri-z frame (long long way from complete)

--
    Quote Originally Posted by OZQUAD44 View Post
    Chop, 2017 eh, planning well ahead or being extra cautious on how long the build is going to take you?
    I've got an 85r that goes quite well, and that's got a standard length swing arm and that works fine in the dunes. ....

Unless your going to the dunes specifically to compete in some manner, I wouldn't bother getting too crazy with mods.....

That's exactly what I needed to know, OZQUAD44. Thanks.

Yeah, I need time to get it all together. I`m rebuilding the truck motor in my toy hauler, my trailer needs a new floor and some tires, and my 86R is basically a rolling chassis at this point with the shocks and tank soon to be removed and sent off for some Magic Touches from a couple friends here.

I`ve ridden R`s quite a few times over decades and wrenched on numerous two strokes but have never built or owned an ATC 250R. This will be my first and I want to keep it near stock with maybe a pipe change and the required jetting changes and some suspension updates (internal updates to stock equipment). Nothing radical. I weigh 225 lbs right now. I was hoping it was more than enough to power me around the dunes in near stock form. It`s not like I`ll be driving 2000 miles several times a year to Glamis. The goal is ONCE in my life right now but that could become an annual thing if I like it. The machine has to be able to be easily repurposed for my local trails (hills, trees, and dirt).

I will probably skip TF this year so I can put that money and effort into my trip West in early `17

Its a bucket list thing I have to do.......Glamis or die....If I can hit that and the CALVMX stuff, that would be awesome

--
    Chop, sounds like you've got it all planned out. I love the glamis or die, bit. Although I'd be glamis or bust myself, it doesn't sound so horrific....

Just make sure you've got a strong runner and you'll have a blast. Riding in dunes is an awesome experience.

One tip if I may. Get a good feel for the place before you get too OTT. It's hard to explain but most dunes I've ridden at have a comfortable pace that works. Going flat out every where all the time, which is tempting, can bite.

--
    Glamy, love your work..... Thanks to that post I want to load up my 250r right now and head to our dunes.....and it's bloody late at night here in Perth.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //