//ArrowChat Code

Thread: PA places to ride?

Legns is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

PA places to ride?

So I recently went to a place in PA called Lost Trails to ride. The place was nice and the staff was very friendly. The only issue I found was that it was very rocky but it was manageable. My question is there any other places to ride like that in PA. I cant remember where I read that there was a nice park just west of where lost trails is. I am looking for any place/park that allows trikes and what you guys and gals think of them. Thanks

--
    Look up the AOAA. Anthracite outdoor adventure area.

Or come park at my house and ride for days all around that land. Lots of coal. Zip code 17866.

--
    I ride all over the place, there are two kids where I go normally trying to climb hills on a atc250r and 200x. I am farther south then you however but I ride in the coal only.

--
    Thanks has anybody heard of or been to
    Majestic Trails
    http://www.majestictrails.com/
    Or Mountain Ridge
    http://www.mountainridgeatvtrails.com/

--
    I have ridden Mountain Ridge once.
    It was just ok. I liked it because it was a quick and easy day trip - home before dark.
    Very beautiful area at a high elevation (for PA).
    Lots of windmills in the area. It was quite breezy, which was nice on a hot summer day.
    This time of year, I hear it can be pretty brutal with the wind up there.
    ++ It is very affordable, well run, nice people, good parking, good camping, great views.
    The main drawback is that the green trails are VERY rocky. Almost too rough to be fun for me.
    Maybe if I were on a Big Red, it wouldn't be so bad, but on a 350X you are just on your clutch the whole time.
    The people on the 4x4 automatic quads had no complaints. I can't remember what the dirt bike boys impression was.

IMO, If you are going to travel that kind of distance (from Long Island?), you might as well go a little further and ride the best (Hatfield McCoy, WV).
    Start at Rockhouse Trail System and branch out from there. I even have a hookup for a cabin rental for you.

If you are dead set on Western PA riding for whatever reason, I would direct you to:
    Mines and Meadows http://www.minesandmeadows.com/
    Allegheny National Forest http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/alleg...ea/?recid=6124
    or Wellsville, just over the Ohio line -- only if you are up for extreme difficulty level sketchy trails -- http://www.wellsvilletrails.com/

Some of my friends have been to Majestic. I have not. I'll ask around and try to get a ride report from there.
    Hope this helps.

--
    I was just wondering if anybody ever rode in Tower city PA I grew up there I know there are a lot of posted stuff now but there still is lots of room to ride and most the posted areas are just posted to protect the land owner they really don't enforce it if you know where your going . I know my way around up there good if anybody is interested in riding in the area let me know we can park at my mother's house and hit the trails from the back yard. Thanks

--
    Quote Originally Posted by keister View Post
    I have ridden Mountain Ridge once.
    It was just ok. I liked it because it was a quick and easy day trip - home before dark.
    Very beautiful area at a high elevation (for PA).
    Lots of windmills in the area. It was quite breezy, which was nice on a hot summer day.
    This time of year, I hear it can be pretty brutal with the wind up there.
    ++ It is very affordable, well run, nice people, good parking, good camping, great views.
    The main drawback is that the green trails are VERY rocky. Almost too rough to be fun for me.
    Maybe if I were on a Big Red, it wouldn't be so bad, but on a 350X you are just on your clutch the whole time.
    The people on the 4x4 automatic quads had no complaints. I can't remember what the dirt bike boys impression was.

IMO, If you are going to travel that kind of distance (from Long Island?), you might as well go a little further and ride the best (Hatfield McCoy, WV).
    Start at Rockhouse Trail System and branch out from there. I even have a hookup for a cabin rental for you.

If you are dead set on Western PA riding for whatever reason, I would direct you to:
    Mines and Meadows http://www.minesandmeadows.com/
    Allegheny National Forest http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/alleg...ea/?recid=6124
    or Wellsville, just over the Ohio line -- only if you are up for extreme difficulty level sketchy trails -- http://www.wellsvilletrails.com/

Some of my friends have been to Majestic. I have not. I'll ask around and try to get a ride report from there.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks my father and I are looking for places to go next year and make a few trips to different places. It is funny you mentioned Hatfield McCoy we were looking into that already I figured I would ask on here because a few of the places we looked into in northern New York won't allow my trikes. It is crazy how people get super touchy about them still.

--
    Tower city is all owned by Raush Creek now so unless you are going to pay $375 a year to ride I advise staying away. The land has not been free since 1998. Getting caught on that land as a non member will result in never being able to buy a pass to play there. I run tower city and was there yesterday. I also ride on private property legally and it too many years to make a friend up there persay....

--
    Well sherdan is my backyard my dad use to help run Tower city riding club to don't need a tag or permit to ride shedan I ride there almost every day I can take you places up there you never knew existed and guarantee you won't see anybody I'm 42 been riding there all my life I didn't have a license until I was 36 use the trails for transportation and I refuse to pay to ride where they consider to be Tower city the land is owned by lechman coal .

--
    Rock Run is a great place to ride as well…tore it up for a day last year with Shiflite and his buddy. Epic times...
    Ragin' full on...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Caminofeld View Post
    Rock Run is a great place to ride as well…tore it up for a day last year with Shiflite and his buddy. Epic times...
    Where is rock run and is it free?

--
    Rock Run is in Patton, Pa....And it's $20.00 a day to ride....Interested in where you ride, Sherdan... Is that Sherdan, Pa....Maybe we can get some guy's together and get a ride started ????

--
    Sheridan is not a town. Just an old mine left overs, mostly hills. I ride there all the time...been for 27 years. I normaly ride free unless I want to run more north then I use my RAC pass to run 22,000 acres. I was in centrailia and locust gap today.

--
    Sheridan is a town its the town below the banks there are no sidewalks in Sheridan where the sidewalks start that's where Tower city starts the name of the carwash is the sherdan carwash

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //