//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 200X axle swap

--

200X axle swap

Is there any other axles that are close to 200x? Mainly I'm concerned with sprocket location, I can build a swing arm to fit the rest of it. Preferably something off of a newer four wheeler so I will have more options with hubs and brakes.

--
    250x 300ex 400ex 450r hubs bolt on. I'm putting a plus 4 300ex axle in a stock 200x swing arm...not going to run eccentric carrier since I built one before and it rotor will hit the sub frame due to being offset 1" to get chain lined up.

--
    What is keeping you from centering the axle? The spline location for the hub?

--
    What motor is in your bike? Looks different

--
    that's a 200s and that motor is long gone and so is the bike.

sprocket location of the 200x motor is what keeps from centering a different axle. all newer bikes have eccentric carriers so that takes up a good extra 1/2" and all the atv axles are wider where the bearings ride. A 300ex has the narrowest of the TRX axle lines, 400ex is wider and 45or is even wider.

Blaster warrior raptor and banshee are even wider.

The only bolt on for a better wider axle is a 1982 atc250r durablue axle....it is $650 new.

I did that mod also on a bike once. That is more of a better way to go because nothing needs to be swapped out. You can not fix a 300ex in a stock 200x carrier, not just by bolting it in and when you do get it bolted it will be offset. I am putting one in doing to make it work but there will be adjustments made on either side of sprocket and rotor.

Follow KX112 in 85 200x thread for more information.

These are not cheap mods and are not for the faint of heart builders.

--
    I own a machine shop and have been building swingarms for years... Those are nice setups. Im just trying to get an idea which axle would be best to use for application. Seems to me it would be possible to space the hubs to line up sprocket and rotor if the splines in the axle arent close enough. Building a new swingarm should make it possible. Without buying an axle I dont know, thats why im asking. Just want to get a place to start. 200X axles suck... they bend too easy. I have a 84 with a POWROLL stroker, with $1000 head on it. Love the thing but it needs a little more length and width and a stronger axle.
    I would also like to build a three wheeler with CRF150R. Aluminum frame, inverted front end would be a sick bike. As far as 200X axle swap, if I can get a combo that will work I will build a kit so that an easy swap would be possible.

--

--
    HRE built my swingarms. Like I said I am doing a 300ex axle in a stock swinger right now for a kx100 motor. There are tricks to get it in there but you can only use a 300ex axle as they are the shortest of the bunch. I have a +4 lonestar I'd sell for $150 shipped. I do not need 2 axles.

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/snw/5291597473.html this is one of my axles that I have forsale.
    Last edited by oldskool83; 11-19-2015 at 10:03 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //