//ArrowChat Code

Thread: A pretty good find on eBay methinks....

ATCT is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

A pretty good find on eBay methinks....

I recently picked up an '84R, which, while complete, needs some care and more importantly, new tires. Since all the production tires are obviously out of stock and no longer made, I figured my choices for a front 23.5 x 8-11 tire are pretty limited (last time I owned one of these--5 years ago--you could still get Pro Vector tires). So, I started my searches online--Bike Bandit, Chaparral Motorsports, etc to see what was out there. OK, but not great finds. At least not what I was looking for. So I went to eBay. Started out with a '23.5 - 8 - 11 ATV tire" search.

Mind you, I really want something that looks like the stock tire, so it's going to be difficult. Amongst the many tires that popped up, I found this Nankang for $62.99. However, the rubber looked a little strange and while the tire is close stylistically, isn't exactly like the stock front 83-84 250R tire.

So I save the item and kept looking, and start doing mainly Ohtsu searches, even though these came with Dunlop tires. Actually, I think I did a Dunlop search, but included 250R or the Honda part number in the search. Came up with nothing.

Today, undeterred (or moreso, really friggin' bored) I decide to give the Dunlop search a shot again, except this time I just do a "Dunlop ATV tire" search. Lo and behold, I stumbled across this gem, listed as an 85/86 350X tire (I didn't care about the wheel). I think it had been listed for some time, so I was kind of shocked it was available, especially at $69.99. In any event, I'm pretty psyched. I don't think I've seen one this nice before. I guess the lesson is, people don't what some of these parts are, so keep searching my friends. It may be out there. Haha.

Last edited by ATCT; 11-19-2015 at 06:45 PM.
    1984 Honda ATC250R

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Wow, that looks brand spankin new . . Yup, lots of stuff shows up on Ebay.

86125m is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    You get lucky sometimes. Sometimes people do not know what they have like my dad got an nos headlight bucket for his atc 200 for 20 dollars and then he found his nos right side fender for 20 dollars as well.

--
    did you buy it?

ATCT is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by wamulass View Post
    did you buy it?
    Yes I did. I don't generally have much luck with stuff, so I'm still kind of excited.
    1984 Honda ATC250R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //