//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi Flite Seats....who runs 'em

--

Hi Flite Seats....who runs 'em

Anyone on here run them?? What are your thoughts??

Thinking about putting one on my 350x build as i think it would make shifting weight for a taller person easier. Are they comfortable?

--
    Hi Flite makes great seats, the cover is much more durable than stock and the seat foam is nice and firm. You can always shave the foam down to find the height to suit you so even thou they are on the tall side that can be sorted out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img075.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	343.0 KB 
ID:	224051

--
    Well I was going for the look of the ATV On Demand 350x. It has a hi-flite seat but appears to be a cosmic quad cover. I love the look so I was thinking of going that route. However I have never sat on one so I don't know if it changes rideability at all???

--
    The "WAX ON" seats were the best, good luck finding one.

The Hi Flite seats are great and I like the taller seat except for MX racing. (Same with TT/FT)

I am 6'1", so the taller seat helps me I use them on bikes, trikes & quads.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--
    the Wax On seat now there is a memory, never owned one but they looked so comfy

@userj8670 - If you ride standing up a lot or mostly do straight line riding like desert stuff the taller seat is almost a must have but your higher center of gravity will have an effect in turns and when braking. Donny Banks was a super fast quad guy back in the day and he always raced with a tall seat and it worked for him just fine, he was about 6'3 and most of it was legs.

You can always have a inch or whatever shaved off if it you cant adjust to the full height.

--
    Tech tip- If you want to cut a seat down, put it in your freezer (Remove the racks) for 24 hours then cut it down with one of these-

http://www.amazon.com/DECKER-EK700-9...+carving+knife

Then put your cover in the dryer for a bit until it is warm before you install it.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

--
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Neary View Post

@userj8670 - If you ride standing up a lot or mostly do straight line riding like desert stuff the taller seat is almost a must have but your higher center of gravity will have an effect in turns and when braking. Donny Banks was a super fast quad guy back in the day and he always raced with a tall seat and it worked for him just fine, he was about 6'3 and most of it was legs.

You can always have a inch or whatever shaved off if it you cant adjust to the full height.
    WAX ON seats were great and they had rounded edges, unlike the Hi Flite seats which are very "square" on the top side.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by onformula1 View Post
    Tech tip- If you want to cut a seat down, put it in your freezer (Remove the racks) for 24 hours then cut it down with one of these-

http://www.amazon.com/DECKER-EK700-9...+carving+knife

Then put your cover in the dryer for a bit until it is warm before you install it.
    Good tip. I would like to add that in skilled hands an angle grinder with a flap disc works quite well for smoothing and shaping foam
    2-stroke lover

--
    I have a cosmic quad seat on one of my 350x's. You can tell the difference after a long ride. I don't know what the difference is between the Hi Flight and the Cosmics but the Cosmic looks a lot better to me. The High Flights seem to be real tall and square, and look kinda funky- at least to me anyway.

Name:	PA120299.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	224069

Does anyone really know if there is a difference between High -Flight and Cosmic ?. Or is it just me.
    Last edited by BOB MARLIN; 11-22-2015 at 08:53 AM.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    I have a hi flite on my T5 and they came standard on my Cagiva. On my T5 I bought the stock height foam, I don't like the high look of the safety foam. The Cagiva had the safety foam on it, which is nice because it goes up the tank so if you slide forward on a jump it will pad your dice a little. The cagiva seat is very comfortable, I guess it's a trade off between looks and functionality.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1023141507.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	224083

Name:	20150709_220805.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.88 MB 
ID:	224084
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 86T3 View Post
    On my T5 I bought the stock height foam, I don't like the high look of the safety foam.
    I don't like the look of the tall Hi-Flite seats either.

By, the way your T5 is missing 3 wheels.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    I just run the inside duals for more traction in the soft stuff And this was invert install day right before Unadilla
    Looking for a Bassani silencer for a 2nd gen tecate, the style with the movable mount. 1st gen will work

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLIN View Post
    I have a cosmic quad seat on one of my 350x's. You can tell the difference after a long ride. I don't know what the difference is between the Hi Flight and the Cosmics but the Cosmic looks a lot better to me. The High Flights seem to be real tall and square, and look kinda funky- at least to me anyway.

Name:	PA120299.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	224069

Does anyone really know if there is a difference between High -Flight and Cosmic ?. Or is it just me.
    Now that's a sharp looking X! That right there is the look I am going for. I do agree with a few others here that the mosh cover looks a little better than the Hi Flite covers. ..although they can be had for 150 icluding foam off ebay...

I can't say I ha e ever heard of these WAX ON seats but they sound interesting !

--
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Neary View Post

Thanks so much for the reply! I am about 6'2 and I figure it would help me with my sliding. You mentioned shaving off an inch - if I were to get a mosh seat i don't think I would want to mess with it and tske it apart then put it back together lol - I prolly would never get it back together anyway haha.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    350x seats were turds, even in new stock form. The foam was no where near the quality of say the 250r. Typically the front of the seat foam was so thin that staples rubbed through and literally turned the foam to dust. Compound that with a ultra thin pan, that would warp easily and a few rounds of over filled gas attacking the cover and you wound up with a seat that was trash after 1-2 years of normal riding. That is whay so many 350x seats are wasted.

Hi-Flite has gone through a number of new owners over the last 5 years. One was a portable potty company, no lie, that quite frankly was a nightmare to deal with when placing orders. They were sold again under the Hi Flite name and is now owned by CEET.

Now the original Hi-flite owner would allow you to order custom blends of foam density. Soft, Med Hard..
    Ceet in the early days had a hard compound foam. Hence Hi-Flite was the better option back in the days for best comfort.
    We still purchase the Hi Flite foams from CEET and last I knew CEET still offers thier own branded original line of products as well as products under the Hi-Flite label, but regardless Hi-Flite is now CEET.

As far as foam comfort and density, it is pretty good these days with CEET behind the controls of the foam process. They actually saved the demise of the Hi-Flite brand, by buying it from that "shitty" company last year....(pun intended)

As far as the desert height, the traditional tall foam is not my preference personally, but taller bigger riders would probably disagree.
    The stock height offered comes in at about 7/8ths taller than the original foam ever was and quite honestly to the collector may be "out of proportion" but IMO, is the way Honda should have done it from the git-go..Many "rider" customers that orders a 350X foam and seat from "CosmicQuads/ mrs.Mosh" typically will work one on one with her to adjust custom height preferences.

For that hardcore collector/restorer, Mrs. Mosh will adjust the foam to the factory height, although IMO, it is not really recommended just for a fit and function standpoint, and the 350X looks and feels better with the extra 7/8ths of height of the "standard replacement foam" option. The desert foam is drastically taller than OEM.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //