//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 83 big red 200 electric start question?

--

Angry 83 big red 200 electric start question?

Any idea why my starter will turn over but will not turn the engine over? I should say it sounds like the starter is turning over and you can hear it try to catch sometimes and try to spin the motor over but then stops. I had the engine pulled out this summer and looked at the gears pertaining to the starter inside the engine and they all looked to be fine, nothing was rounded off. When I start the wheeler up for the first time when I ride it I always have to pull start it but once the engine is warm the electric start works fine. Its got me stumped, i also put a new starter in it and it does the same thing. Any ideas???

--
    Hey just wanted to say thanks for the input, you response is very helpful and I think I will give it a try. It makes sense now after your explanation

--
    I'm looking at this diagram you attached ATC King and it looks pretty straight forward with switching these parts out. Do you know if there is any hidden tricks to do it or is fairly easy as it looks?

--
    Thanks again for you help on this and the diagram with the part numbers (very helpful). I tore it apart last night and seen that 2 of the 3 bolts holding the clutch on were loose so I took it apart. Once I got to looking at things I seen one of the springs had lost its tension and the cap that goes over it was off of the spring. I found the cap but the end was busted off. Anyway I ordered new spring, caps and rollers and from what I can tell it looks like that was problem like you thought. I didn't seen and damage on anything else or warm gears or shavings in the bottom of the case. So I hope and believe this was the culprit. Thanks again for the info and diagram!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //