//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 350x seized engine diagnostics

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by yaegerb View Post
    You must not be looking at the same pictures I am. The sleeve is actually mushroomed in four corners unless its an optical illusion. That is toast.
    How mildly amusingly sarcastic but I that's typical of you . No, I am looking at the photo he posted but can not see enough detail to say it is "toast", however, your computer screen may be bigger than mine, and if you are basing your decision that it needs a sleeve on what you are calling mushroomed areas, imo it would be better to explain that to him and he could then look at that area closely since it will be in 3 dimensions so he can see it far better than we can and make that determination for himself.

Also, even if it has indentations/mushrooms in 4 corners, it in no way automatically means that it is junk . The fact is that if the top ring does not reach the indentations and they are outside of the gasket sealing area, it will be perfectly fine . In fact, there are many engines that have reliefs in the cylinder walls that are put there by the factory to increase air flow by "unshrouding" the intake valve.

Here is a photo I took last week of my stock 1965 396/427 Chevy block . These reliefs extend down into the cylinder around 1/4" below the deck . I have also put these reliefs in some blocks that didn't come with them when I used extremely large valves on them did the same on some that came with extremely large valves like a 1969 BOSS 302 which comes with a massive 2 1/4" valve but the cylinder bore is only 4", however, before adding reliefs to a block that did not come with them I have it sonic checked for thickness first to see how much of a relief I can put in it.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR

dman10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Old post, but Finally got it going last weekend. Had to have it bored out a bit, and give it a new wesico piston and Barnett friction plates. Loving it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9A3D5690-B01A-4FA3-989A-5F4511144D08.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	254099
    Quote Originally Posted by tri again View Post
    Cool stuff seems to happen when I'm sleeping.
    Nice to know things happen without me.

--
    Holy smokes, it runs so good it defies all the gravity laws!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Them stupid 3 wheelers are so dangerous, they'll just flip right over on you. That's they're illegal.

Nice you got it running. I'm getting my feet wet in building some 200's but I hope to get into a 350x someday.
    I was born and raised on Venus & I may be here a while.....

dman10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I’m just that skilled of a rider. I can ride it any which way and I don’t even need to be on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tri again View Post
    Cool stuff seems to happen when I'm sleeping.
    Nice to know things happen without me.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //