//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki Mocate Built

--

--

--

--

--

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Unfortunately I can't see any of your photos but it sounds like a cool project.

I did all the development testing on those at Kawi and even built one and raced it a few times . . I also bought a nitrous kit but never got time to install it . . I thought that would have been fun.

Anyway, hope it turns out hw you want.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    Unfortunately I can't see any of your photos but it sounds like a cool project.

I did all the development testing on those at Kawi and even built one and raced it a few times . . I also bought a nitrous kit but never got time to install it . . I thought that would have been fun.

Anyway, hope it turns out hw you want.
    Thank you! Do you have pictures of your project?

Everything went out pretty well... The project is finished and everything works great for 2 years now.

What is the problem with my pictures? Dead link?

Has anyone the same problem?

This irritates me because on my work pc and my phone the pictures are ok...
    Last edited by sticker_sääp; 12-14-2015 at 12:43 PM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sticker_sääp View Post
    Then it was time to paint the frame... That was a quite bad idea...

DSC_0623.jpgIMG-20130818-WA0001.jpgIMG-20130818-WA0003.jpg

Always test everything before you do the paint job.
    Pictures works for me.
    Did you had to cut the frame after paint?

1984 Yamaha YTM-225DX
    1985 Tri-Z 1985 Tecate 1984 Tri-Zinger and 1986 ATC250R projects
    Yamaha 3-wheeler owners club Join now!
    Official 3WW Yamaha 3-wheeler owners group
    Québec 3-wheeler riders group

--
    I'm not real sure what type of riding you are going to do with your project, back in the day we did it the other way around and put the Mojave 250 motor in the better handling Tecate 4 once we put a Funco kit on the front end so it didn't have the bad bump steer. Everyone at the time started putting the 250x Honda motors in the 250r Four Tax frame, and that was even better.

jamcat 001.jpg

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by sticker_sääp View Post
    Thank you! Do you have pictures of your project?

Everything went out pretty well... The project is finished and everything works great for 2 years now.

What is the problem with my pictures? Dead link?

Has anyone the same problem?

This irritates me because on my work pc and my phone the pictures are ok...
    xlnt, glad it turned out how you had hoped . . Although the stock Mojave was a little heavy, I still liked it and had fun testing it, but unfortunately, they didn't give us nearly enough time on that project to work out some of the bugs, and my guess for them doing that is because it was targeted towards the novice to intermediate level recreational riders, so if it didn't handle great at high speed in the whoops etc, kawi didn't care.

unfortunately, the tecate 4, which was supposed to be a racing bike designed to compete with the suzuki, was a disaster due to complete incompetence on the part of the original designer and their 4 foot tall, 80 lb, novice level test rider.

the mojave i used belonged to kawi r and d . . they gave it to me to do "testing" with, so I had Jerry Branch of Harley racing fame port the cylinder and had a custom cam made and used the stock piston and exhaust head pipe with a super trap silencer . . i knew it wouldn't be competitive like that and planed to do other mods including a real exhaust pipe and high compression piston etc then lighten it some and make some titanium parts for it, but other things kept getting in the way and after i raced it a couple times, i just ended up racing my friends suzuki quad.

team green also built a mojave engine and i think they put it in a tecate frame . . they had one of their guys race it at one of the mickey thompson 3 wheeler events in pomona calif which i raced at, and it was pretty fast . . i'm pretty sure dean sundahl won that particular race, but even if he didn't, he still spanked the crap out of a lot of people including jimmy white, and the team green managers were laughin about it, lol . . the team green guys actually liked dean and mike coe because they were great riders and didn't have a cocky attitude like some other riders did, plus, the team green managers were so laid back it was really laughable.

unfortunately i don't have any photos of anything because they were all lost.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Dunlap View Post
    I'm not real sure what type of riding you are going to do with your project, back in the day we did it the other way around and put the Mojave 250 motor in the better handling Tecate 4 once we put a Funco kit on the front end so it didn't have the bad bump steer. Everyone at the time started putting the 250x Honda motors in the 250r Four Tax frame, and that was even better.

jamcat 001.jpg
    The goal was to built that can ride fast on mown meadows, it handles quite like a gocart...

I also use it in medium high snow with 4snows to have some drifting fun. It is very wide and has a low center of mass, to avoid flip overs.

I will update this threat within the next days after the christmas/new year stuff is done...

Dustin87R is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post
    xlnt, glad it turned out how you had hoped . . Although the stock Mojave was a little heavy, I still liked it and had fun testing it, but unfortunately, they didn't give us nearly enough time on that project to work out some of the bugs, and my guess for them doing that is because it was targeted towards the novice to intermediate level recreational riders, so if it didn't handle great at high speed in the whoops etc, kawi didn't care.

unfortunately, the tecate 4, which was supposed to be a racing bike designed to compete with the suzuki, was a disaster due to complete incompetence on the part of the original designer and their 4 foot tall, 80 lb, novice level test rider.

the mojave i used belonged to kawi r and d . . they gave it to me to do "testing" with, so I had Jerry Branch of Harley racing fame port the cylinder and had a custom cam made and used the stock piston and exhaust head pipe with a super trap silencer . . i knew it wouldn't be competitive like that and planed to do other mods including a real exhaust pipe and high compression piston etc then lighten it some and make some titanium parts for it, but other things kept getting in the way and after i raced it a couple times, i just ended up racing my friends suzuki quad.

team green also built a mojave engine and i think they put it in a tecate frame . . they had one of their guys race it at one of the mickey thompson 3 wheeler events in pomona calif which i raced at, and it was pretty fast . . i'm pretty sure dean sundahl won that particular race, but even if he didn't, he still spanked the crap out of a lot of people including jimmy white, and the team green managers were laughin about it, lol . . the team green guys actually liked dean and mike coe because they were great riders and didn't have a cocky attitude like some other riders did, plus, the team green managers were so laid back it was really laughable.

unfortunately i don't have any photos of anything because they were all lost.
    What swingarms were you guys using on the Tecates ? I know CAL-FAB built a T4 swinger but I've never seen one.

--

--

--

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //