//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kawasaki Mocate Built

--

Kawasaki Mocate Built

After i had some requests from my ATC 250R Threat i will now start a report about the design of my Kawasaki Mojave x KX250 Frankenquad...

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...m-scratch-250R

A few years ago i think in 2011 i bought two Mojave 250´s in order to get out one running streetlegal one:

DSC_1293.jpg

So i had one frame laying or better said hanging around...

DSC_0026.jpg
    Last edited by sticker_sääp; 12-14-2015 at 12:42 PM.

--
    Back in that days i was away on a job in the USA in order to get that baby running at a big american electric company near Schenectady

DSC_0359.jpg

I used my free time in the states to find an engine for this built on craigslist...

It was an old (89) KX250 engine which i bought from a guy somewhere near Lake George:

(Don´t ask me why these guys had a bavarian flag in there shop...)

DSC_0276.jpgDSC_0277.jpgDSC_0278.jpgDSC_0292.jpg

The engine was in an excelent shape, i just had to sleeve it and did some minor welding on the case...
    Last edited by sticker_sääp; 11-29-2015 at 06:12 AM.

--
    After some trouble with your TSA guys that found minimal traces of gasoline on the engine parts in my toolbox and did the whole "terrorist program" to me i had to sent it via post from JFK airport home to me... Thats why the engine was not that great deal compared to regular european prices.

DSC_0454.jpg

Lesson learnt... Dont bring your engine to an american airport in times of war against terrorism
    Last edited by sticker_sääp; 11-29-2015 at 06:03 AM.

--
    While waiting for the engine i had time to disasamble the chassis and buy an dutch Van Helsing (or somthing like that) tuning pipe... Nowadays i would just built them

DSC_0503.jpgDSC_0505.jpg

--
    Sucks the TSA made you ship your motor instead of stowing it on the plane. Just checked out your CR250 trike build great job. Speaking of jobs if you don't mind sharing who do you work for? Thought maybe SECO Tools from your sketch pad in other thread, but then I see you came to the US to set up a robotic arm.

How close are you to Wehingen, DE? If you ever start making billet covers and side cases maybe we can work around the high freight and customs charges if you are close to Wehingen.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by sledcrazyinCT View Post
    Sucks the TSA made you ship your motor instead of stowing it on the plane. Just checked out your CR250 trike build great job. Speaking of jobs if you don't mind sharing who do you work for? Thought maybe SECO Tools from your sketch pad in other thread, but then I see you came to the US to set up a robotic arm.

How close are you to Wehingen, DE? If you ever start making billet covers and side cases maybe we can work around the high freight and customs charges if you are close to Wehingen.
    Thanks!

No it is not SECO Tools, i installed the robot for a Company that is called Dorst Technologys, they built large hydraulic presses for hightec applications...
    But at the moment i work as a design engineer/project manager for a large german electronic manifacturing service company, where i design and plan the production lines.

There is a google maps screenshot about my distance to Wehingen:

Route.jpg

I think for american standarts it is close...

--

--
    The first fitting test after the engine was delivered:

DSC_0516.jpgDSC_0517.jpgDSC_0524.jpgDSC_0526.jpg

The position of the swingarm bolt was perfect for the engine swap, i just needed to built some engin mounts, cut the pipe into pices and then somehow assemble everything together...

I hearde some storys that team green or another kawasaki race team built some of these Mocate/Tecate Hybrids as race machines, just befor the Tecate 4 came out... Has anyone infos about that?

--

--

--
    That was the MOCAT.
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--

--

--
    I will try and look it up, getting late here, thanks

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
    Email- onformula1@hotmail.com Rebuilt, Revalved, custom springs, lowering, forks & shocks, Custom Suspension, all brands, 2-3-4 wheeler's- PM or Email with questions.

***Check out my album for cool pictures*** http://www.3wheelerworld.com/album.php?albumid=2527

As always- Everything I post is IMHO.

--

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //