//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1986 200x ATC where to get rocker arms, cam, and oil pump

--

1986 200x ATC where to get rocker arms, cam, and oil pump

I have a 1986 200x that looks like it got starved for oil on the top end. Do any parts interchange that can work. My rocker arms are pretty worn as well as the cam itself. It looks like Webb cams may be able to save me on the cam and rockers, I won't know until I send my parts in and see if they are salvageable. Does anyone sell new parts that would work? The cam and rockers are discontinued by Honda. Also, I may need a oil pump, not sure at this point, but it is also a discontinued item. Anything interchange with the oil pump on the 1986 200x? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bike is really clean and would hate to not be able to use it anymore.
    1985 ATC 250R
    1986 ATC 200X
    1986 TRX 250R

--
    1986 - 1988 trx200sx most motor parts including all of the top end swap over. Oil pump swaps over but I bet the pump is still good. There is one bolt on the valve cover with an index mark next to it. With the engine running remove the bolt. If oil flow from it your pump is fine.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"
    Building: ATCr125x
    Riding: ATC200sx
    "I am not a mechanic, mechanics get paid for this. I do it because I enjoy it."

--
    Sorry to hear about your 86X Jason! that bad boy was a real runner!

agreed on the trx200sx parts. might be easier to find too

--
    Thanks for the info. Bought all the parts needed off of Ebay last night. Thanks for the info. The only part I'll need now is the Oil Pump Chain. Pulled the clutch cover off to discover that the small chain had broken and was sitting in the bottom end. No chain, no oil to top end. Any idea of places to get the chain or what might interchange. I'm one chain away from getting it going again.
    1985 ATC 250R
    1986 ATC 200X
    1986 TRX 250R

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryah View Post
    Thanks for the info. Bought all the parts needed off of Ebay last night. Thanks for the info. The only part I'll need now is the Oil Pump Chain. Pulled the clutch cover off to discover that the small chain had broken and was sitting in the bottom end. No chain, no oil to top end. Any idea of places to get the chain or what might interchange. I'm one chain away from getting it going again.
    Shitt, that's not good, when I was building my super x I considered changing that chain because it seemed loose. After some research I discovered that is how they are designed. I couldn't find one for the life of me. Do you have the plate that goes over the pump? That is important to have, it protects everything from damage. I may have a good chain on my parts motor. I will check and pm you.
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Got one, sending pm now
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151204_190847.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	224622
    This was the chain and what is left of the gear protector cover. Thanks for all your help, it will be nice to get this one going again.
    I appreciate it tremendously Jmoozy27.
    Jason
    1985 ATC 250R
    1986 ATC 200X
    1986 TRX 250R

--
    No problem, let me know if you need anything else
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    You need the entire head assembly. The top cover is a "matched" surface to the head for the cam journals. They are matched from Honda. If you do not get the entire head you chance have too little gap, binding or too much play and all of those cause issues n

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    When you say "matched" are you just talking the part that has the rockers or the entire top end from barrel to cover. Emailed DID chains, who was the maker of chain on the oil pump.
    This was their reply" This is a 25H cam chain. Unfortunately, we do not have it in 44 links, 82 is the shortest we sell. And since it is an endless chain it cannot be cut down and put back together because we do not make a master link for cam chains. Have you checked with your Honda dealer for this? "
    I've been doing research on this 25H chain and it is used on a lot of electric scooters. I was thinking of just getting a cam chain and then using a master link to connect it back together. Not sure if this is safe thou. I know the original is an endless chain, but I can't find any info on a chain riveter for this small of a chain. I've found the master link that could be used if I could find a riveter. Anyone know of where to get one. If not I may be the test subject for this. Got a used chain on the way but not sure what condition it may be in, so I may have to go the master link with clip route.
    1985 ATC 250R
    1986 ATC 200X
    1986 TRX 250R

--
    buy a new chain for the 200SX quad. don't go cheap.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    buy a new chain for the 200SX quad. don't go cheap.
    They are discontinued
    "Roll on 3"

RIP Ol' Deuce

"Long Live the ATC"

--
    dang!!! that bytes!!!!!

--
    Yeah, that model is just as important to keep full of good oil as well as keeping it full as the 85X.

The good part is yours runs on bearings so the head is still good; But, it does need port work IMHO.

You said the chain had the cover plate, that's about all that guides it, they're always loose as a goose. They have everything and choices of shipping as well.

I was about 18yo when I bought an 85 and and a 86; That 86 was my buddies and he didn't do any maintenance. I foolishly bought 2 new rocker for it to quiet down and sold the damn thing. It needed a cam bought all I could, I had 0$ back then; Aside from 3 paper routes, lol.

Very important to replace all the parts at once. But, I was broke and it was ticking just a few months later.

I think that oil seal for the decompression shaft is DC'd, but Eastern bearing in MASS (ask for Butch ), and he'll give you pptionns. he is very helpful and I think hr gets "rubber coated seals which are 1mm short nut works fine. Do it once, do it right....

They have all our bearings and seals; Just mention ME when asked. They have some bushings too short or too long, but that's chicken........
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //