//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Love/Hate Relationship

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    The DmC 916s are a full twin system that use one silencer but still full twins. They say the DMC aliens are the same, with just 2 silencers, however I cannot comment on that as personal experience.
    They have great all around power with a midrange that builds dramatically and pulls out nice on the top end. I run stock pilots with 280 mains with that setup. I also am a avid supporter of motofast 2-1 pipes but you will top out at 65 mph and they run hotter than with duals. However they have monster bottom end torque and sound friggin insane. I always run a 12 tooth front sprocket with stock rear gearing. You lose some top end but if you want a good trail quad those setups are bullet proof, reliable and really work well all around. Most people think banshee and they gotta make it run 85mph...I guess thats fine for dunes and dragging, but mine are trail setups.

Another note, where the shifter passes thru the plastic side cover, that bushing gets worn and causes repeat shift shaft seal failure and leaks. Check it real good , but if you keep blowing those seals replace that stator cover. Also, seal that crap out of that stator cover. Rtv both sides of the rubber gasket, and pull that stator wires and grommet out, RTV the grommet boss and lip seal and tape that harness all the way up to the plug at the air box. I have seen several occasions where just washing them lets water run into the harness and fill up the stator cover, and even seen one freeze in the winter and locked the flywheel solid in a block of ice..

And yes the pancake bearing mod.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Here are some pics of the vent tube mods. Just 4 vacumm tees and some vinyl tubing. I drill 4 holes in the lip of the tank cover then route em up there with zip ties.
    You can also see my hillbilly prodesign filter setup kind of.

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Here are some 12 year old Namura power pistons I pulled out of that same bike due to a head gasket that blew and I let it sit for a year before I fixed finally rebuilt that 10 year old top end. All the experts over at that sight hate em..say they are junk and shatter...hmm..must have done something wrong to get 10 year on mine.

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Pictures are worth a thousand words. I didn't quite understand what you meant by the carb hoses, but I get it now. Trick idea! thanks for the tip on the shift shaft bushing. I will likely go ahead and order another one if I can and not take a chance. I ordered every other seal and bearing so might as well get that one too. It's funny that you have 10 years on Namura pistons. That's a bad word on the "other" site. I will have to look harder at those Pistons because they are a great deal compared to the wiseco prolites.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Go with the Wisecos. They rev quicker and really you cant beat their quality. The namuras will make it punchier coming in the midrange, but they are heavier, and I don't know if they use the same quality/casting material as they did 12 years ago.

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    We run full race motors and do a 40:1 mix. Would never run 50:1. I do not know any national level racers that run that lean. So that should tell you something. Leanest I seen is 42:1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    I had ran 40:1 maxima in mine before it lost spark. I'll prob do this T mod also. Mine has no lines on it. I'm redoing all carb hoses with clear now. Yay for drag harness...mucho spark lol!

--
    Any update on your banshee project?

I got mine all back together again. My reeds were not sealing and found out shop who I had do the work will I was limited on space and time used 2 gasket on carb bowls! If there is one thing I've learned people do funny things to toys you always will learn something new someone though was "OK" to do.

MOSH, I tried to PM you but no option. I am thinking about the head milling for woods riding but not sure how to tell if it has been modified or not...I'd think after 20 years someone had to be in the engine at least once.

I need to change a clutch gasket soon so I figured I'd do this at that time but not sure how to tell. I have a stock head.

--
    Stock heads with wiseco or stock pistons on tight rings will have around 120-127 PSI compression....010 shaved head will put you at about 135 PSI assuming you are at around 600ft sea level. That has been my observation. IMO they run best at 135PSI

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Nothing significant. I got my cylinders back from Jeff at FAST racing. He also put new bearings on my crank and welded/trued it. I have the lower cases back together now and have ungraded the shift shaft, shift star and clutch plates. I have also added an adjustable timing plate and took the motor to +4 advance. Also, I am sending the head out to Jeff for a .030 mill. Apparently a head mill and a + 4 advance really wakes a stocker up.

Motor should be back together by mid to end of January.

--
    I ride between 700-1000ft.

--

Update 1/27

Motor is about wrapped up for now. I got the crank rebuilt/trued, cylinders bored, pro-lite wiseco's, adjustable timing plate (currently set to +4), HD clutch plates/fibers/springs, upgraded/rebuilt water pump, shift shaft/star mod, milled head .030, new shift forks and every bearing/seal was replaced...whew...I said don't time me....LOL. Progress pics below.

With any luck I will have her locked and loaded this weekend.

motor rebuild_1.jpgmotor rebuild_2.jpgmotor rebuild_3.jpgmotor rebuild_4.jpgmotor rebuild_5.jpg

--
    Nice. My head it at mull engineering getting their treatment then I am back together for a 9th time it seems.

--
    Funnest banshee I have ridden had stock jugs, rejected stock carbs with tors elim, .030 cut head. and used FMF pipes. It wasn't the fastest banshee I have ridden... Far from it actually.. But I could use every ounce of the fat midrange power and ride awesome wheelies thru the gears.. Great throttle connectivity.. Great all around bike that would still pull dead even with a fully built trx480 at the time. IMO T5 toomeys and cpi on mild builds are soggy with a late hard hit and are the ultimate design for burning your legs...They are stronger for drag racing, but not as enjoyable IMO.
    2-stroke lover

--
    Quote Originally Posted by cr480r View Post
    Funnest banshee I have ridden had stock jugs, rejected stock carbs with tors elim, .030 cut head. and used FMF pipes. It wasn't the fastest banshee I have ridden... Far from it actually.. But I could use every ounce of the fat midrange power and ride awesome wheelies thru the gears.. Great throttle connectivity.. Great all around bike that would still pull dead even with a fully built trx480 at the time. IMO T5 toomeys and cpi on mild builds are soggy with a late hard hit and are the ultimate design for burning your legs...They are stronger for drag racing, but not as enjoyable IMO.
    Agreed and have heard similar comments.....Mostly stock banshees with a few mods that just flat out run. Supposedly the +4 advance is the best "bang for the buck" you can do to a banshee since Yamaha severely retarded them from the factory.

I like to do a ton of research on every aspect of a bike I am not familiar with. I was going to go with T-5's, but once Mosh mentioned the 916's I started researching those. DMC has started a limited production run back up and I am saving my pennies for a set. From what I can tell they are the meanest damn pipe low-mid and OK on top. I will do more trail riding than sand dragging so DMC 916, here I come. For those of you that have never heard the DMC 916's on a banshee, take a look on youtube. Their sound makes me

For right now I am repacking the FMF SST pipes my bike came with, blasting them and painting them black.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //